Why A Motorized Bicycle and NOT a Moped?

GoldenMotor.com

Mikey_

May 15, 2016
GA
I just sold the Puch Maxi frame I bought a few months ago. I'm back in the MB game. I'm still wrestling with a predator 79cc Predator with all the goodies or some sort of king of the hill 2 stroke like a Morini/KTM clone. My big concern is still climbing the hills around here. Speed wise, I really just want to keep up with traffic and do a very easy 35-45 without the motor straining. Also, easy hill climbing.

I will stick with the Huntington frame because I like the design.

Jul 18, 2022
I would disagree about 2 strokes being more fun than 4 strokes. 2 strokes may be more powerful for an engine of the same size, but 4 strokes come much bigger, and are more reliable. I've never seen a 2 stroke go anywhere near as fast as my lifan bike (68 mph), plus it looks cooler:

Heck, I'd wager mine would beat most mopeds in a race as well.
The only reason I'd ever go for a 2 stroke is that they're much cheaper.
Ya Ned to go see smolik performance videos on YouTube where they make the minarelli and the piaggio cylinder bicycle engine conversions tune them and go 75 and 80 mph they race them and it’s only 70cc one single gear! That’s what a 70 minarelli built right can do a half decent port job and it’ll go 66 easy. With a jog pipe

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Ya Ned to go see smolik performance videos on YouTube where they make the minarelli and the piaggio cylinder bicycle engine conversions tune them and go 75 and 80 mph they race them and it’s only 70cc one single gear! That’s what a 70 minarelli built right can do a half decent port job and it’ll go 66 easy. With a jog pipe
Its been 5 years... Might be a hard sell... And does Smolik have these kits ready to ship or will it be another 5 years to actually have it all together...

Reactions: Sidewinder Jerry