my "other" china girl

GoldenMotor.com

leo

Jul 20, 2015
southern wv
ok, this one didn't start out as a bicycle... but it's still definitely a china girl...

it's 2005 chinese roketa 200cc i got a couple months ago, it had every problem you can think of, which means i got it dirt cheap. (my favorite kind of cheap )

i still got tons of stuff to do to it, and have several parts ordered.
finally got it going this morning, the pic is from my first test ride today.

tom was right, he called it over a year ago. apparently, it was a matter of time until i went bigger than 66cc.

both of my motorized bikes are still doing great, btw...

Attachments

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
A lot of those Chinese 200cc dual sports have a clone of the Suzuki DR200 engine. Like motorized bicycles, they require regular maintenance and troubleshooting, but offer a whole lot for the money.

leo

Jul 20, 2015
southern wv
i think i read somewhere that it has a lifan engine, from what i hear they seem to be reasonably... ok.
it runs really good once you get it warmed up, which takes about 10 minutes. i think the carb needs to be replaced, and the intake while i'm at it. gonna pop in a new plug too, and see if that helps. other than that, ride it till it dies, or i do. whichever comes first... lol
the thing i like most about it, and our motorized bikes, is that you can replace whole sections for almost nothing. ebay practically gives the parts to you.