New hand built motors and kits with front and rear 8mm mounts

GoldenMotor.com
Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
Hello all at motorbicycling.com. I now have ready to ship excellent quality kits, built by hand here in Tucson AZ. Full kits start at $250 motor only from $180 and top ends from $130. I have full porting and modified pistons available in house and will build a kit directly to your specs. An example would be a fully ported street motor is $320. Race motor/ with expansion chamber $450. Custom colors are from $25 to $75 and can include the carb body, hardware, and any additional parts you would like to include in the purchase or ship to me and I will paint them right with your kit. All motors are fully allen bolted and the bottom ends have the best factory balanced cranks I have seen. We have spun them well past 10,000 RPM for many many miles and no issues. Standard motors and kits can normally ship same or next day and custom motor work I can finish in one to three days with paint sometimes taking an extra day. Please P.M. me here with questions and orders. Happy motoring!
Lee Wommer 520-808-5731

sbest

Nov 3, 2015
Nova Scotia
Hey, excellent service Lee.
As received from another supplier, my kit had some minor quality control and assembly problems that an experienced builder like yourself would not make. Things like fasteners too tight or too loose, too many washers stacked up and piston too close to the cylinderhead. I think you are offering an excellent service to new riders without the skills and experience to know these things themselves, or who are looking for a "plug and play" motor. The few $$$ you are charging are well worth averted disaster.

A couple things I'd suggest (and you may be supplying them already) for reliability:
1) a better air filter. Stock will not handle dusty conditions.
2) better squish area and gap setup. Prevents detonation and head warp. Stock head squish cut to match gasket.
3) port window chamfer, deburr and slag cleaning. Not a porting, but a 1 minute cleanup.

I really think newbies or non-mechanical types should be buying their kid from someone who has gone over it and serviced it for assembly. I see even the assembled engine as a DIY "kit" part that needs to be verified before running.

Steve

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
Sbest, those are the reasons I do it. I ask some questions from the buyer before I assemble it so I can set it up with proper compression etc. For the individual buyer. These actually start with one of the more expensive kits on the market and I make little to nothing on kit sales. I am friends with the importer and he basically kicks me back a little something for going thru the effort to sell kits and then applies a bit of credit for my next kit used for a build.