Leaving the forum for good.

GoldenMotor.com

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
Yes I, the artist formerly known as bigbutterbean, am hereby renouncing my membership to this forum. I'm choosing to keep the reasons to myself. I'm not even coming back to reply to comments on this thread, which may just end up getting closed anyway. There are a number of you who I'm sure will consider this a personal or collective victory. Even though I'm choosing to leave on my own and no one is making me do so, I will let you have that victory. I'm trying to focus on what's important in my life and get my priorities in order, and recent events have led me to reconsider how I should prioritize this forum, which is to say not at all. That may sound like a jab at the forum, but it's not. I've got my face buried in my screen all day long and I'm missing things that are right in front of me. Those things deserve all of my attention, because they actually matter. This place is just a website, nothing more nothing less and it just happens to be a place that I no longer feel a need to be. I'm not even saying goodbye, I'm just walking away. I'm done.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Yes I, the artist formerly known as bigbutterbean, am hereby renouncing my membership to this forum. I'm choosing to keep the reasons to myself. I'm not even coming back to reply to comments on this thread, which may just end up getting closed anyway. There are a number of you who I'm sure will consider this a personal or collective victory. Even though I'm choosing to leave on my own and no one is making me do so, I will let you have that victory. I'm trying to focus on what's important in my life and get my priorities in order, and recent events have led me to reconsider how I should prioritize this forum, which is to say not at all. That may sound like a jab at the forum, but it's not. I've got my face buried in my screen all day long and I'm missing things that are right in front of me. Those things deserve all of my attention, because they actually matter. This place is just a website, nothing more nothing less and it just happens to be a place that I no longer feel a need to be. I'm not even saying goodbye, I'm just walking away. I'm done.

Best of luck in life's ongoing adventures.

Though, this kinda sounds like a 'jumper' that doesn't really want to jump.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
I think I know what the old butterbean means. I like online forums because I can find people who want to talk about the same things that I want to talk about. It's not easy to find in the real world.

But one result is that I, too, find myself online too much and letting things that need to be done just languish.

I've even been trying to keep out of forums for the last month or so. With some success. And I suppose I'll be back. And then I'll have to lay off for a while again.

In fact, I really should be in bed right now. Alarm clock time comes pretty early.