Excited for a new build

GoldenMotor.com

JoeMetro

May 4, 2014
California
Haven't ridden a MB in over a year, decided to take my Fito Modena GT that used to have a 4-stroke Friction Drive and put a HT 2-stroke kit on it.

I'm trying to keep it as simple as I can for a reliable runner:
*66cc HT kit off eBay
*Manic Mechanic sprocket adapter w/ 48 tooth
*Manic Mechanic engine mount
*And NGK Spark Plug/Wire/Boot.

And I read all over the forums to replace the studs/nuts, I figure the bikeBerry or SBP kit will do.

Anybody have any input?

Last edited:

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Sounds like you got a good platform to start with! Don't forget to do all the free stuff on that 2 stroker for maximum fun! Port and polish and some port matching should liven it up! If you are in an area with lots of hills I can see using the 48T, but I don't think you'd need it otherwise! Also upgrading hardware is the best idea. All the 10mm bolts on most these engines are m6x1.00 and you could buy replacements at your local hardware store, but if you wanna buy a hardware kit I can see that saving some time and frustration! If you want any information on any mods for these things feel free to contact me and I'll answer what I can!

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Sounds like a good plan to me too... I will agree with YILDS on the sprocket choice as the 40 or 44 tooth size gives me the best balance of acceleration and speed... A stock China Doll can usually push an average size rider (around 200 lb) to about 30mph, give or take a few using the stock 44 tooth, and would lose about 3mph by going up in size to a 48 but if you live in a real hilly area then it might be necessary.

For reliability I would definitely switch out the stock hardware and do a little port cleanup inside the cylinder since there is almost always a good amount of nikasil plating that overhangs the port openings, the problem is that when it overhangs like this it's very vulnerable to flaking off and causing an early engine failure... and while you're in there, you could make the exhaust and intake openings about 1mm wider on each side and cut about 5mm off the bottom of the inside of the piston skirt for some free power. There's also a casting ridge at the top of the transfer openings that restricts flow and cleaning this area up really helps.
You can hit me up any time as well if you got more questions.

JoeMetro

May 4, 2014
California
Thanks yall, I did end up buying a 44T sprocket, and the real MM motor mount instead of the cheaper eBay copy.

As for the porting/going into my engine to clean it out... I would love to do that and the readings on the forum say it's a real good idea. But I have a history of messing things up, and I am afraid of doing something wrong with all that.

I'm going to keep to my plan to keep it simple, get it running FIRST, and then I think after i get some confidence I'll dive into the engine to clean the junk out.

~EDIT: Actually, I think I'll go in and do all the clean up, but I'm not sure about dremelling the openings (I don't have a dremel, just a drill)

Last edited: