Problems with my 2 stroke kit

GoldenMotor.com

windmill

Apr 14, 2015
michigan
Hey guys, im new here and seem to be having trouble with my 2 stroke mounted on a mountain bike. I had it running just fine the day before yesterday. I would get pedaling and pop the clutch and than id have to pedal with it while giving it juice for a few pedals and it would sputter on and we would go. I stored it away and got it out today and now it doesn't wanna start. It wont even fire and try to go it only works if im force pedaling it. Im sure its not the spark plug what else could it be?

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Okay. It ran fine the day before yesterday. Now it has no 'life' at all.

My first guess is a spark issue. You say that you're sure it's not the plug. As a matter of fact, it probably isn't. But why are you sure?

Have you done the quick and easy spark test? You pull the plug and then plug the wire back onto the spark plug. Lay the spark plug shoulder or threads against the engine and turn the engine over. Do you see spark jumping the gap?

There's a few other possibilities for your trouble, of course. But these questions should be answered before we start looking for those other possibilities.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Oh!Oh!....wait a minute. I forgot something pretty basic.

Look over your wiring from the magneto to the CDI. Shorts against the frame and wiring pulled apart can be one of the simple causes of the troubles that you're having.