New to this....please help!!!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

dan2015

Feb 18, 2015
Illinois
I am new to this forum...so first off hello everyone! I need advice. I am thinking of buying a firmstrong bruiser 7 speed bike with a 4 stroke ghost racer 7g engine from gasbike.net. I also want to be able to pedal ride the bike at times. Is it somewhat easy to pedal with this setup? I also wondered if gasbike.net is a decent company and is this motor kit decent as well? Thank you in advance for anyhelp you can give me. This is my first ever build and want it to be enjoyable.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Dan, let me welcome you to the forum. You've found the right place to get help and advice on your first motorized bicycle adventure. Most bikes can be pedaled but you need to expect some parasitic drag from the engine and clutch components as well as the added weight of the engine and accessories. Some are easier to pedal than others.

Unfortuantely I'm personally not a good source of 4 stroke bike information and not familiar with the bike or engine you're getting. But, we have many here who are and they'll be chiming in here to answer your questions and offer more input. Be patient.

Have fun and ride safe.

Tom

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Welcome to the forum and what 2 door said...
I'm not a fan of the 4 stroke kits myself, but there are others that run only 4 stroke engines so the info and help is still here...
If the engine kit you're looking at has the belt driven gear reduction, this is the kit you want, the other one that has a small aluminum transmission, that transmission is just a set of sprockets and a chain inside a closed case and I've heard these are the problematic ones, the belt driven ones also look a lot cooler too, besides being a lot more reliable, so I've heard.

dan2015

Feb 18, 2015
Illinois
Thanks guys. I am really interested in the firmstrong 7spd bike and that engine kit. Also if I will have somewhat of an easy time when I just want to pedal the bike with the 7g belt drive. Again thank you guys, I'm sure someone in here has some answers for me!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I cant help with wdvic3 regarding the 4 stroke set up, but I want to also welcome you to the best motorized bicycle forum there is.

most of us are partial to the 2 stroke engines but there are several people who have 4 stroke builds and have good experience with them.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you set on the 4 stroke kit instead of a 2 smoker?

Personally my biggest issue with the 4 stroke kits is that the drive sprockets that have a one way bearing in them just don't hold up from what I see and hear all the time, hopefully the kit you're looking at is an improvement.

hopefully a 4 stroke builder will chime in here soon and be able to give you some answers and good advice.

best wishes and again welcome aboard.

Map

Rudz

Jun 24, 2014
Tyler TX
There's a guy on the motorbicycling.com Facebook group page that builds firmstrong 4 strokes, his name is James Davis, look him up.