clutch cable problems

GoldenMotor.com

alexkcchan

Jun 12, 2013
toronto
Hi guys, I just my bought my first engine from zoombicycles.com and I'm some trouble with the clutch cable, more specifically the spring. It seems that the spring that came with the kit is too short. When I try to disengage the motor (grabbing the handle) the spring doesnt even connect with the clutch lever. Im not sure if this is suppose to happen or not, but itll be great if someone helped me out.

Thanks!

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
You don't need the spring that goes between the clutch arm and the cable mount. The clutch has an internal spring that has plenty of force to make it release when the clutch lever is released.

May 9, 2013
Laguna Beach, Ca.
Are you referring to the smaller spring? (the larger one being the heat shield) If so, the smaller spring is meant to go between the cable post on the engine case and the clutch actuator arm. (never use the small spring myself, jit only makes the lever a little harder to pull)
Any pics so we can see what you mean?

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
samething what he said ^
Just pull the wire out more while pushing the arm in to where u want to set it and tighten to the bolt to hold the cable in place. i like to use 90 degree need nose pliers and regular pliers to push the arm and the reg pliers to pull the cable for my setting because after a while the cable gets flatter and makes it harder to pull thru the arm

alexkcchan

Jun 12, 2013
toronto
Thanks for all the help guys. Unfortunately i found my own method of overcoming the problem by putting another spring on it to extend the spring (and no it wasn't the heat guard i was refering to). I wish I had read the post early tough so I didn't have to do that.