The death of the RAW motor

GoldenMotor.com

GreenDragon

May 17, 2010
illinois
Actually, this is not the same company. Nationwide access, the owners of Skypuppet, Gasbikes, kingsmotorbikes and a few others bought Raw out a month or so ago. Raw supposedly couldn't get epa approval so they sold out.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
You do not need EPA approval to import these engines.
Grubby Grubee and them would like you to think so.
40 CFR 90.1(b)(5) allows the importation of non-conforming engines if it is a spark-ignition engine less than or equal to 19 kW(25 hp) either used in a recreational vehicle, with rated speed of 5000 rpm or greater, and with no installed speed governor, or for use as a model aircraft engine.
(EPA form 3520-21)
Form Approved OMB 2060-0294

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
If this is true, then why was there a sudden shortage and price increase of HT engines? That's very interesting, Rohmell!
I didn't see any sudden shortage; kits on eBay have been plentiful and available from a number of different vendors, with no interruptions.
The price decrease that we are seeing now is due to the end of season, and lowered demand for kits.
When the northern states are knee-deep in snow, take a look at kit prices, they will be at the bottom.

Mozenrath

Jan 13, 2011
California
lol

the marketplace & our bucks are manipulated so much I can't keep track of which way we're going!
rc
Yeah, I remember just months ago people here(including myself) were convinced that we were near the end of the era of HT bike engine kits.

I think rohmell is right because I think a lot of the information we got back then was from the guy who runs gasbike.net.