Oregon

GoldenMotor.com

getmetfoMMX

May 3, 2010
Oregon
Thank You for this site,

Where can I buy a decent hybrid motorized / pedal mountain bike for wilderness exploration on mostly gravel roads?

It is very important for me to be able to remove the motor and convert back to pedalling when I need to be quiet once campsite is settup so I don't harass the wildlife and be hassled by strangers.

I'd rather find a brick and mortar retailer than buy some conversion kit on line. Is there some directory or some website with a very thoroughly complete list of retailers selling this? I don't find google business search" very useful.

Last edited:

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
You probably won't find that very easily but Pypeline might have a bike that fits your needs(a full suspension), mind you I don't think it will be so easy as removing the motor, but instead disengaging it so you can pedal freely, motor still in place. Being an Oregonian and Firefighter I know the terrain you will need basically a mini dirtbike that is capable of pedal power.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
I also intend to to make a bike like you are describing but I will build it myself it will be a 4stroke with a full suspension regardless.