working on my 7th build

GoldenMotor.com

kev1n

Sep 25, 2009
wisconsin
hi people, sorta new to site. i've been building diy friction bikes for a couple years now.
55cc chainsaw bmx with braces for no wet slippage..
46cc chainsaw bmx
30cc chainsaw kids bmx
2.5 horse tecumseh mountain bike
2-30cc weed whackers bmx's
1-just started chain driven bmx
and a few other wet dreams

Attachments

Last edited:

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
Welcome Kev1n I,m only 7 days into this forum myself....-;-Have u ever built a chain drive out a chain saw? Barely Awake just showed me a geat pic.of a chain saw that I want to get.

kev1n

Sep 25, 2009
wisconsin
thanks, no i have not built a chain driven chainsaw bike. but i'm sure i will someday. i'm in the process of building a weedeater chain driven bike now with an 8 tooth sprocket from a garage door opener motor.

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
I just saw your pic. of friction drive and it is incredible!! I am amazed! That must really move with a lot of power.How many cc is that? You should post that in pc. and video section at the tavern.

kev1n

Sep 25, 2009
wisconsin
i welded some keyway stock to a 1" bike peg, the timber bear is a 55cc... it work like a champ even in wet conditions. it does around 35, thats fast enough for me.i really don't know where to post videos here yet..and whats pc

Last edited:

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
Is that you made that? I thought u machined that drive wheel.That would be super if that tire was cleated. There is a section here called "Pictures and Videos" just scroll down from introductions and you'll find the motorized bicycle Tavern its in there.

kev1n

Sep 25, 2009
wisconsin
it's tooling keyway for shafts, it comes in lenghts. weld it to a bike peg in increments and you can run a knobby tire sorta like a gear. thanks for the info, i'll post pics of all my rides and future projects in the pic and vid section later