Anybody know Con-Rod size for Lifan a 2.8 98cc ??

GoldenMotor.com

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Resizing is easy and the crank probably survived. I don't think its $12 easy though so maybe a rod is easier.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Resizing is easy and the crank probably survived. I don't think its $12 easy though so maybe a rod is easier.
Visually the rod looks fine but when I start the motor it doesnt sound fine. I just went back into the motor and looked around and tightened the rod bolts again. Gonna restart now.

Do I need to remove the head to replace the con-rod? Is there any easy way to replace it?

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Should come out the top with the head off....not sure what it uses for a pin and clips.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Should come out the top with the head off....not sure what it uses for a pin and clips.
Which means I have to remove the engine from the bike to remove the head.
The 49cc Huasheng will take its place since they both do basically the same thing, performance wise. Might take it's place permanently. 150 hours on it and I have never seen the inside of the crankcase. I've seen enough to last me a lifetime with the 98cc. LOL

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Same result. When I rotate the crankshaft by hand, the #1 bolt (which is the one that's stripped out) clears the crankcase with ease. When I start the engine, it smacks the crankcase with every revolution. It's now leaving a mark on the inside of the case. The con-rod simply has too much play in it now. It's toast.