Cadillac Fleetwood Motovelo $1200.00

GoldenMotor.com

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
I agree...he can ask anything he wants and its up to a buyer to decide...Not the sale thread police

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
The bike clearly has the value to justify the price he wants for it. What I think is going to be the issue is anyone wanting to pay that much for a china girl. Yes, its an expensive bike. Yes, its got a shift kit and expensive tires and probably other upgrades as well. But at the end of the day, its still just a china girl. I'm not criticizing the man's work or the fact that he wants $1200 for a bike that is clearly worth it. But I know I wouldn't pay $1200 for any bike with a china girl, even if I had it. for $1200, you can build a non-kit 4 stroke and have money to spare. In fact, I'm building a 98cc Lifan on an American made Schwinn with Suzuki motorcycle forks, and I'm only going to spend $800 at the most, and I'll probably value my bike at $1500 when its complete, even though I won't be selling it, that's the value that I feel it will have. But does it mean anyone would want to pay that if I did decide to sell it? No.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
I am the son of a Cadillac man. I have always been a Cadillac man. Nothing good right now, just an 87 Seville- too small for me. Is this a reproduction of an actual bike? Excuse the new guy question, but I've never heard of such a thing.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
It is not a reproduction, but rather a licensing of the Cadillac car logo to Kent, manufacturers of many Walmart bike such as the LaJolla, Roadmaster and Genesis brands. However, the Cadillac does not appear to be of Walmart quality, having a Nuvinci variable hub.

Last edited:

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Cadillac is a bicycle brand, not a moped brand, so no. Shelby were the first manufacturers of Cadillac bicycles, and Schwinn bought the brand from Shelby. They were just regular bicycles, not even associated with the Cadillac car manufacturers. The Cadillac car company licensed their logo to Kent to make a Cadillac branded bicycle. None of the Cadillac bicycles have anything to do with being motorized, other than people buying them and motorizing them on their own.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Apparently so my friend. I'm still new to the IntraWeb, and it seems like a pretty good resource if you do enough fact checking. But when the library doesn't have something, and I can't find somebody who knows, I'm back to the net. This "site" seems good, I read a few before I joined. So far, everyone has been very helpfull. Soooo, you wanna buy a Caddy? It's nice.......... lol