110cc CVT transmission cheap!

GoldenMotor.com

captainrichhill

May 31, 2008
I just sent them an e-mail for the dimentions. Maybe they will tell us the good news and we ca really have a nice engine for these bikes.
I'll let you know what they say. More later.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Capt, Imagine the chief here powered like that. (might need some break'n, updat'n)

Last edited:

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
That motor won't readilly fit in a bike frame it's a horizontal cyl that is too long. If you change the positioning you have to modify the oil syphon in the sump. most bikes that use this motor hang it from a top tube frame. It probably weighs 60-75lbs and has too much hp (i'm guessing at least 7 or 8 hp) for a bicycle.

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
It would work for a rack mount. Just get it mounted to a plate and do like the Titan with the jack shaft underneath to link up that end sprocket to the drive wheel.
It would most definitely haul and keep up with the 110 scooters. In fact it would haul enough to get you in some trouble most definitely.
I question the battery though. Whatever battery you hook up will that engine keep it charged?
Imagine the possibilities. Lights,turn signals.
A legal Motorized bicycle with moped plates.
I can probably fit that on my trike right now if I had it.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
I just read 7.5 hp. Also you'd need to strap a battery on your bike as well unless you run a battery eliminator. How much weight do you really want to put on a bike. I suggest you get a motorcycle. I'm not being a smart alic, I just mean that I love riding a 1000cc touring bike as well as a 250 street bike and my motorbicycle but all are fun for different reasons and on different levels. My personal opinion is that 75cc's is about the max that any bike frame can safely handle.

That motor is actually 7.5hp, the china girl chengines are not as powerful as claimed (not that I've tested one but drawing from experience). It is pretty standard engineering where humans are concerned for equipment to be able to handle 1.5 times the amount they are rated for. Example if a lift chain is rated for 1000 lbs then it will actually lift 1500 w/o fatigue; a ladder rated for 250 will handle 375 etc. An athlete can generate 1.4hp in bursts and maintain maybe .8 hp for extended periods. So clearly we are already pushing the fatigue limits. I just don't want anyone hurt, so be careful!

conradcliff

Oct 10, 2008
Tampa, Fla.
Yeah, and since I plan to do a rack mount it would probably be even easier. I wonder how well these things would hold up with daily use? Also, I can't tell if that is a sprocket coming off the bell housing there or not. I wonder how you hook your drive gears up to it...

conradcliff

Oct 10, 2008
Tampa, Fla.
Ok, so I found a little more info on that engine. The little thing sticking out of the clutch bell is in fact a sprocket. It bolts right on and can be changed out. I am very tempted to get one of these motors...

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
When you line up the sprocket the engine won't be centered and your right pedal will hit the motor. Might do good as a rack mount. Might be able to cram it up closer to the head stock & level out the carb w/ a modded intake.

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
Ok, so I found a little more info on that engine. The little thing sticking out of the clutch bell is in fact a sprocket. It bolts right on and can be changed out. I am very tempted to get one of these motors...
I don't see a gear reduction though.

But I DO see that with 4 bolts the clutch drum comes out.

I wonder if those 4 bolts would allow the 5 to 1 reduction gear box used on the Titan? There are other gearboxes out there too with the 4 bolt arrangement including a CVT.

MMMMmmmm...

x94cherry

Nov 11, 2008
Ferndale
Those 110s are Chinese-made copies of Honda motorcycle engines. It's one of the most durable engines ever made and pretty much indestructible. The Chinese versions aren't up to Honda standards, but they're still very good. I've owned three of them, all trouble-free. 12V electrical, they'll power lights, signals, you name it. And yes, they will charge a battery.

They're way too big for a bike in my opinion though. Too big, too heavy and too much power, you'd end up bending the motor mounts or worse.

Attached is a photo of one of mine on a Honda CL70 motorcycle. This bike will do over 50 and of course it's much heavier than a bicycle.

Those 2-strokes are interesting too, I wonder if they'd fit one of the rear-mount friction drive kits?

Attachments