sold out of kits

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
making some progress on getting kits - have a china dealer that wanted me to do shipping & customs & EPA myself
Yep, that's where they get you. Customs and EPA.

EPA is $10K minimum and their are all kinds of other checks and costs.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
got a sample kit in yesterday - opened motor and looks good - nice hone on cylinder that should run in quickly, double base gasket since it is 40mm stroke (gaskets were installed dry, so I oiled them) - 40mm intake, but with long tube, so no interference with mounting carb - M8x1.25 mounting studs & allen bolts for all others

all other parts are same as I liked in last kit, except the throttle mount had orange kill button rather than yellow (this means kill wires are about a foot shorter), clutch arm is shortest made (this means harder clutch pull than women customers like), and motor may not be available in black (I can paint them myself, but will not have matching black mufflers)

doing test build now, but had to re-thread a couple old head studs for longer mounts to fit this bike, but can go buy some M8x1.25 threaded rod if motor runs good for future use

looks like I may have new supplier if this works out OK

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
interrupted by some repair work, but getting it together - bottom motor mount studs are about 10mm shorter than I'd like - left out flat washer and still a couple threads sort of coming flush with end of nut, but nut is pretty deep

so far, not horrible

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I just hope the pallet has the same sample engine you tried bud.
No bad karma here bud but I'll cross my fingers for you anyway ;-}

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
Yeah, thought of that. Running motor today, and seemed to get up to good power quickly as did my last motors.

First build for a 40mm stroke and it seems to have a bit more vibration at low speeds than the 38mm type - anyone familiar enough with 40mm to say if this is typical or maybe just a bit rough before fully broken in.

REALLY wish I could have gotten black motor for this, I'd then have painted tensioner black too.

test_bike.jpg

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
still have two 'emergency' motors left out of my last kits - thinking I'll save them for myself as these new ones are OK, but have more vibration only at slow speeds than I like for my bikes - prostate cancer makes me a bit more sensitive to that than most folks : (

I can live with all the things I dislike in kits parts (or order a lot of upgrades as options), so with the motors working so well for first 40miles, I guess I'll order a bunch and get back to selling & building between repairs. (might wait for another 60 or so miles to be sure)

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
they're looking into changing some of the parts to meet my needs, so I can order just ten while they see what they can get for me - packing them out of parts they have in AZ, so I should have them soon

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
got the 10 kits - motors are all still very nice

they will increase the length of the mounting bolts and increase the length of the kill switch wires in time for a shipment to their US warehouse at end of year

no biggie for a while to cut longer studs on bikes that need them or solder longer wires for wide handlebars, so I'm happy to wait for improvements

for long clutch arms, I'll have to order elsewhere and offer as option with kit

the motor is the important part and these pull really well

sometime soon, I'll also need to order 40mm intakes and gaskets too to have on shelf, and a couple boxes of the allen head cover bolts

other than that, I'm good again with a slightly better motor

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I'm getting them thru the CDH factory in china - only wide front mount kit doesn't come in black, but is otherwise good - their next shipment will have slightly longer mounting studs and longer wire on kill switch, but that won't arrive till sometime early next year.

If I run out of kits before that, I'll order more without waiting for new parts as those are no big deal (I can solder the wires and bought several meters of M8x1.25 threaded rod to make studs for fat frames : )

The kits I'm getting are the PK BOOM kit at this link

http://shop.umotobikes.com/products/pk-boom-tm-66-slash-80cc-hyperpower-2-stroke-bicycle-motor-kit

P4cm4n

May 9, 2016
Madison Ohio
I'm getting them thru the CDH factory in china - only wide front mount kit doesn't come in black, but is otherwise good - their next shipment will have slightly longer mounting studs and longer wire on kill switch, but that won't arrive till sometime early next year.

If I run out of kits before that, I'll order more without waiting for new parts as those are no big deal (I can solder the wires and bought several meters of M8x1.25 threaded rod to make studs for fat frames : )

The kits I'm getting are the PK BOOM kit at this link

http://shop.umotobikes.com/products/pk-boom-tm-66-slash-80cc-hyperpower-2-stroke-bicycle-motor-kit
Is this still where you are getting your pk80 kits? Have they been good still in being your supplier? May order one if I don’t go the electric start

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
last order came in as A80 rather than PK80 - no one there seems to know why, but it is also a good motor (A is smother running than the PK, but a bit less torque) - will be ordering another set of kits after holiday and will see which kind comes in

all-in-all, I'm happy with them