2 cycle smell good

GoldenMotor.com

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
Hey have any of you guys tried any of the stuff that makes your exaust smell better?

My wife is starting to complain about the smell in our garage. And well I want to make her happy, because after all if she is happy I get to go out and ride.

Just wondering what you guys found was the best, and if there was any down side to using this stuff.

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
Is there a scent that works better than others?

Thinking I may have to get a bottle of this stuff...4 oz is $13 and should be able to scent 10-20 gallons! That should last me darn near all summer!

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
How about you tell her to keep her prying nose outta a man's garage? If that won't work, short of strangling her, I'd recommend cutting your 2-stroke oil with castor-oil. I use it 80/20. It smells alright, and is good for the engine.

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
LOL....yeah tried that, then she pulled the kid card on me.

I don't mind really as all she has in the garage is her car, so it is basically mine.....the same with the basement of the house.

So would you use the caster oil in addition with your regular oil? Or does the caster oil take the place of the motor oil?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I second the Castor suggestion. It has a great 'race' smell to it and for me is somewhat nostalgic, reminds me of when my Dad and raced gokarts back in the late 50s.

As for the exhaust smell-good-ems, I remember an old Saturday Night Live skit that was based on the same idea. Gilda Raddner and Jane Curtain did it. Must have been 75 or 76. Probably where the idea came from.

Tom

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Castor adds extra protection also, I been adding Maxima 927 to my mix for the extra protection of the castor, its not 100% castor but it has some and also a high grade synthetic 2 smoker oil along with it, I have vitually zero smome and next to zero smell also, plus I think im giving my engines super protection and they run great on it.

Map

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Hmmm.......this is news to me.

Didn't realize that 2 stroke smoke had a stench...........

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
A dash of Marvel Mystery Oil will add a nice smell as well as being a great top cylinder lube for ANY engine, including four strokes!
I grew up with several collectors who used a little bit premixed for really old, valuable engines for that extra bit of protection.
There are also several brands of additive that claim to ''flavor'' the exhaust with cherry, vanilla, strawberry, etc. From what little I've heard, it works!

graydog8josh

Nov 23, 2012
Starkville,MS
ipone makes strawberry scented oil. I love the stuff and it smells good. I like the smell of my exhaust. I heated up a pipe and bent it that i was running on my bike and when it got hot it burned my excess oil. the shop smelled awesome.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
ipone makes strawberry scented oil. I love the stuff and it smells good. I like the smell of my exhaust. I heated up a pipe and bent it that i was running on my bike and when it got hot it burned my excess oil. the shop smelled awesome.
LOL Gray, think we were typing at the same time.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I want some that smells like bread baking, or new mowed grass. Wet dog would be good and who wouldn't like for their exhaust to smell like, fresh popcorn? :)

Tom

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL, wetdog?

Got me thinking, wonder if there are any practical joke oils. Googled it and nothing came up but ran across this; "it's made by motul and is the same as regular motul except that it smells like strawberries instead of victory"

Cracked me up. Now we need a napalm one.