100:1 Mix

GoldenMotor.com

stinky

May 21, 2011
The South
How does this plug look? Lil richer than 100:1, like maybe 97:1 lol.
I have a 4 position needle in the carb and its set on the second from top
circlip cutout.

Attachments

KenX

Apr 20, 2013
Lake Fork, Texas
I now use Maxima K2 Formula oil. I mix it at the rate I feel comfortable with. To each his own. The improvement in using this product was noticeable. Just a smoother ride without cutting out. Just my experience.

sboricic123

Apr 15, 2013
Bailieboro, Ontario
I was able to find a dealer not too far from work that carries Opti 2. I'll probably use some of it before I put the bike away for the winter. A 1 litre bottle sold at $21.95 plus taxes. That should last me a while. Can't wait to try it out too to see the difference.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I was able to find a dealer not too far from work that carries Opti 2. I'll probably use some of it before I put the bike away for the winter. A 1 litre bottle sold at $21.95 plus taxes. That should last me a while. Can't wait to try it out too to see the difference.
Its good stuff...... you'll like it....!

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
OPTI - 2 ???? I use it in my BridgeStone 35cc . This summer, I was pulling my boat with my motorized bicycle and obviously the most heavy load ever that my motor has been under and my motor ( 5 years since May 2013 ) is still running. I run OPTI at 25-30 : 1
Yep I'm glad that i'm still here to talk about it, cause this summer, i did a 5 day 107 mile trip with my Dagger Mumba kayak , alone !!! From Drayton Valley to Edmonton.
I almost died twice. Yep, between Devon and Edmonton, the river is big, but almost like a lake. Hardly any current but in Drayton Valley, and for 50 miles, that river is a nightmare...rapids round evry corner. Next year , if i'm still around, i wanna do a Rocky Mountain house to Edmonton twice as far and i hear that the river up there is even worse.!!! ( NorthSaskatchewan River )
Anyway, back to the topic, and yes i use OPTI 2 and it's great oil,

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
Let me beat this dead horse a couple times!

In my small town, the local ACE Hardware sells a lot of Opti2 to persons who use it everyday at a 100:1 ratio. If it damaged their engines, don't you think it wouldn't sell? They're the ones who use it to support their livelihood.
The only garden store in my city that sells any Opti at all sells Opti4, I asked why no 2?
I was told they don't carry it because it doesn't sell.

My thoughts are why?
No one knows about it and how can they try it if they can't buy it?

I got my Dad to pick up a few large ketchup packets of Opti2 in Maine, imagine that, got to go to the USA to get Opti2.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The only garden store in my city that sells any Opti at all sells Opti4, I asked why no 2?
I was told they don't carry it because it doesn't sell.

My thoughts are why?
No one knows about it and how can they try it if they can't buy it?

I got my Dad to pick up a few large ketchup packets of Opti2 in Maine, imagine that, got to go to the USA to get Opti2.
Have you tried contacting them direct and asking for distributors near you? They're pretty good about knowing where their products are sold. They might also be interested in the dealer who doesn't stock 2 stroke Opti.

Tom

sboricic123

Apr 15, 2013
Bailieboro, Ontario
On there website they have a list of dealers...you just enter your location and it will give you the closest dealer. You'll see on the left of there home page...locate a dealer
One of the dealers that was on the list near me did not carry Opti 2 but it showed on there website they do. I emailed Opti and gave them the update and they appreciated it.
http://opti2-4.com/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=165

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I called them and found a dealer six blocks from my house that wasn't on their website. It is a tool rental place and they use Opti-2 and 4 in all their rental equipment.

Tom

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Very informative read, FM. Thanks for posting it. It actually should be required reading for anyone involved with small engines either 2 or 4 stroke.
Thanks again.

Tom

FMB42

Sep 27, 2013
Idaho
Very informative read, FM. Thanks for posting it. It actually should be required reading for anyone involved with small engines either 2 or 4 stroke.
Thanks again.

Tom
You're more than welcome 2door. It's the least I can do for you and everyone else in here. Like I said earlier, the good people here in the motorbicyling forums saved me from making the mistake of running an inexpensive 2 cycle kit engine without tearing the top-end down first.

60weight

Sep 15, 2011
Dallas
Well,wonder if this Opti 2 is as good as Lucas.I doubt it.
One of my bikes was put together in 1964,still runs fine with Lucas..hum.dnut