AMF Roadmaster

GoldenMotor.com

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
The forks needed some stiffening up so I fabricated up a fork stabilizer out of one from a mountain bike that I have taken apart for parts.

Now I am pleased with how the forks feel.

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
Getting closer, almost had a minor screw up making the upper engine mount. The tab on the one side needs to be removable so you can get the engine out of the motor mount.

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
Alright I think my solution to the one upper motor mount tab will work out just fine.

As you can see it is bolted down to the cross bar that the tabs are attached to so the engine can be secured.

While sitting there trying to decide what my next step was I thought about my battery box and got to wondering how close the muffler would be getting to it. So do any of you think it being this close will cause an issue? Mind you the battery box isn't mounted in its final position yet until I know how the chain will run to the back.

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
Mounted the new tire on the rim. The hardest part was getting the inner tube inside the tire. Then I had to inflate and deflate the tire a couple times. to get the bead right.

It is a 90/80 x 16" tire that measures out to 4" when full of air.