Has your China Girl Motorized Bicycle ever over heated?

GoldenMotor.com

Has your 2 stroke China Girl ever over heated?

• Yes and caused damage

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't vote in polls

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
There is a discussion going on elsewhere and I was wondering if any one has ever had a problem with a 2 stroke kit engine over heating and what happened.

I personally have never had a problem with it and am just curious.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Re: Has your China Girl ever over heated?

Four years now- almost all in hot Florida- never had any overheating problems-

Maybe part of that is I'm ALWAYS killing the motor- I probably shut it off more than ANYONE- always at stoplights or any stop signs.

Yet I never go more than about six miles either- this summer I'm hoping to finally maybe take it all the way to the beach here- Across one of the big bridges here and 22 miles or more away-

so we'll see then for sure.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

Nine years in the Arizona desert and not once have I ever had a China girl overheat on me.

On some motors that I was experimenting on for racing purpose, yes I have. But never a stock china girl.

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az

Nine years in the Arizona desert and not once have I ever had a China girl overheat on me.

On some motors that I was experimenting on for racing purpose, yes I have. But never a stock china girl.
5 years here but same thing, not once

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

I just let my Opti-2 oil take care of it and keep riding.

Seriously, I've never experienced an overheat condition in five years of HT ownership. I've never had a catastrophic engine failure, never saw any evidence of heat related problems and Colorado's hilly environment can challenge most any engine, especially during our summers.

Overheat might be a condition that racers with highly modified engines being pushed to extremes need to be concerned with. The average rider, who is the majority, will probably never see those conditions.

Tom

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan

An engine with a "5" plug and an air leak can overheat under a load. So will an engine that's been idling too long.

"Myths" about chinagirls overheating aren't myths, it can happen under certain circumstances.

That said, a properly running engine with no air leaks that doesn't sit and idle for over a couple minutes shouldn't overheat.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas

I've ridden on some really hot days and never had one overheat. I've had it idling for extended times on hot days with no overheating......

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn

I've ridden on some really hot days and never had one overheat. I've had it idling for extended times on hot days with no overheating......
most don't really even require airflow, just unobstructed fins.
The only air cooled two stroke overheating I've ever experienced was due entirely to mud on the engine. Been ring-dinging over 40 years.