Winter still - pressure building up

GoldenMotor.com

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
Pressure building to get on my freakin' bike and go.
Sitting there all winter not being used, wanted to take it out, but get hit with a fresh layer of snow, ice everywhere whenever the roads look OK again.
To poor to equip me with a track and ski kit.

Just waiting for the weather to stay above freezing.

NEED to ride my (motor) bicycle, I want to ride my bike.

It's like a mental illness.
It's nuts!

It's so crazy I made a thread about it.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I hear that! Highs in the 20's for now.

Blarg.

I did manage a ride last month, on the "big bike".
200 miles round trip. :) When I got there, EVERYTHING was closed. It was a balmy 38 degrees F.

Attachments

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
Your State borders my Province, so similar weather.

I assume you take your bike out in the winter.
For me, the roads have become too narrow, too salty, and icy for full throttle riding, I haven't even taken my regular non motor bike out. All the snow and ice really restricts where I can go and where I want to go.

But, if I had a better place to keep my bike, like in the shed instead of downstairs in the basement, I would have impulsively rode it. I can't just grab it and go.

So, that reminds me, spring project, finish the doors on the shed, make it secure and get a good lock on it.

And ride next winter.
Studded tire and a ski. (I am thinking that now)

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Howdy neighbor ;)

While I do commute w/them year-round & I agree it's sometimes difficult & somewhat dangerous, the biggest issue really is the "too salty" if you value your bike at all as there won't be much of it left come spring lol

Jus' as a (controversial) BTW, I don't bother w/studs (lotsa lil knobs spaced well apart, low pressure)... but they couldn't hurt if you do start winter riding, the ski might be kinda fun but you defo don't need it :D

UVsaturated

May 15, 2008
Dayton, Ohio
Howdy neighbor ;)

While I do commute w/them year-round & I agree it's sometimes difficult & somewhat dangerous, the biggest issue really is the "too salty" if you value your bike at all as there won't be much of it left come spring lol

Jus' as a (controversial) BTW, I don't bother w/studs (lotsa lil knobs spaced well apart, low pressure)... but they couldn't hurt if you do start winter riding, the ski might be kinda fun but you defo don't need it :D
Hey, I have noticed this. I ride in the cold (Ohio) and notice my engine and rear wheel is filthy from road dirt and salt! My baby needs a bath. I am thinking of taking her to the car wash on a warm day and hosing her down gently, but am a little scared of getting water around the carburetor!