Rainy ride-

GoldenMotor.com

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando
I got half way to work today and it started pouring down rain! i had to sit under the bridge for a while and wait for it stop. If i would have known i would have rode my china girl. Friction doesn't work to good in the rain. It goes but only like 15mph instead of 30..i still love my friction drive though..if its sunny out i ride it all the way!!!

I like the bumblebee performance but not when its wet. Is there any friction kits that works food in the rain. i havent been on any they all slip i think.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I don't own one of the Dax FD kits but here is a video showing him using it in very wet cold conditions and it looks to work just fine.

http://youtu.be/mtKAajTXIrY

Map (^)

I got half way to work today and it started pouring down rain! i had to sit under the bridge for a while and wait for it stop. If i would have known i would have rode my china girl. Friction doesn't work to good in the rain. It goes but only like 15mph instead of 30..i still love my friction drive though..if its sunny out i ride it all the way!!!

I like the bumblebee performance but not when its wet. Is there any friction kits that works food in the rain. i havent been on any they all slip i think.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I'll bet if they made a coating for a roller out of the same kind of rubber that my daughter Sophie's sticky lizard is made of, it would work. It's that kind of sticky rubber where, if it starts to lose adhesion, you can just wash it with plain water and it gets sticky again.

But I don't know how durable the stuff is, as far as applying torque to a bike tire and surviving.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
It seems a heavily and deeply knurled roller would be the best solution along with having a properly inflated tire with a tread type that would allow the roller to get a good solid bite on it.

Map (^)

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando
The dax rollers work good. But not as good neoprene 90. I cant find it anywhere though i have been looking for awhile now. The best i can find is 82a hardness and it grips good but its to soft. I put a roller that is very simialar to the dax roller. mines a 1" 1/8th" roller. Aren't the dax roller 1". I bet there torky.