Monarch Springer for Chopper Forks?

GoldenMotor.com

skrew37

Feb 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I have chopper forks with a normal set up. I think I cut 4-5" off. I liked the look, not the extreme rake. Anyway, I've since fallen in love with the Monarch forks. While searching for a happy medium, I came across John Brain's "brainfork." That looked amazing, but I already have a chopper fork. I borrowed the designs of the chopper fork (available from multiple vendors) and the Brainfork (D.I.Y.) and came up with my own design. I created a springer assembly that is a direct bolt-on for chopper forks. It is fairly heavy duty yet lightweight; it should only weigh in at under 6lbs. It's only in the design phase, as I have no other way of fabricating this (other than on my computer). I still have to come up with an adapter plate/ dropout for a disc brake. I would like to use 5/8" 6061-T6 Al plate for the triple tree clamp and plain carbon steel flats and rods for the rest of the assembly. I can provide detailed drawings and formats for CNC and assembly. Maybe someone can offer some direction of where I can go next? I think this could be an awesome project, and I would love to see one on my bike. And yours too! Thanks for reading.

Attachments