Anyone tried this yet?

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Oh, no...not another oil option :)

Tom
I know Tom, I had been meaning to ask about this for the last week or so, but had just forgot about it until today when we really got hot and heavy on the oil mess.

I was in Tractor Supply last week and saw this oil when I walked down the mower ect. parts isle, I picked it up and read what it said on the package and it looks to me like they make all the same claim as Interlube does for Opti so I just thought I would put this info. out here and see if we may have any secret users of this Arnold "THE 1 OIL".

If this starts a mud slinging event I trust you will make it all go away, but I see know reason for it too, I'm just curious about it, because it may be a good alternative for anyone that doesn't have local access to Opti 2 but would like the benefits of it, if it's actually as good of coarse.

Lots of Tractor Supply Stores but not that many places that sell Opti 2 or at least that is the way it is around here, only 1 source for Opti here and most people around these parts haven't ever heard of it.

Not meaning for this to turn sour in any way.....I guess I could be the first person on here to try it and report my results.........??????

Peace

Last edited:

dag_29307

Jul 1, 2009
Enoree, Sc.
That would be cool. where I live there aren't any stores that carry Opti 2. I can only order it online and shipping is ridiculous.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Ok it says 12 oz for 10 gallons not one gallon, look again...Al.Fisherman

wow that would be a crazy amount of oil wouldnt it...........might be a good way to kill the skeeters though if a fella could get an engine to run on it..LOL!
If I ever thought there'd be a way to use Citronella Oil as a two-stroke lube, I'd DO IT! You ever ride over a bridge on your way to work, and right as you're yawning from not having enough coffee, you ride through a cloud of bugs? Dang skeeters all need to die.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
If I ever thought there'd be a way to use Citronella Oil as a two-stroke lube, I'd DO IT! You ever ride over a bridge on your way to work, and right as you're yawning from not having enough coffee, you ride through a cloud of bugs? Dang skeeters all need to die.
Boy aint that the truth...........I hate skeeters, fleas, ticks.....and down here in the south we have the Fire Ants.........bad bad raskles.

I'd like to put DDT in the mix a run around & around the place until ther ewasn't a bug living........oh thats right the EPA figured out it actually worked so they took it away from us and now they only use it in third world countries....

:-}

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Boy aint that the truth...........I hate skeeters, fleas, ticks.....and down here in the south we have the Fire Ants.........bad bad raskles.

I'd like to put DDT in the mix a run around & around the place until ther ewasn't a bug living........oh thats right the EPA figured out it actually worked so they took it away from us and now they only use it in third world countries....

:-}
You got Fire Ants? Oh man! Ya know, I'd be like that too if I had to live around fire ants. Those little guys take no prisoners!

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
It's a shame that citronella is so thick, or I'd give it a shot.

But in the meantime, just light a couple citronella tiki torches and mount em to the luggage rack. :)

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Yep fire ants everywhere.....in the driest part of our summers hear, they will even find their way into the houses looking for watet and if they find you they will just latch on and give you all they got.........many people are alergic and the sting area will swell up get very sore and form a festered pocket of fluid....

These things destroy the wild life because any nesting birds like quail or turkeys loose a large % of their youg to the fire ants because they will attack anything, Rabbit borrow in the ground and the fire ants have just about wiped them out around here where I live, 25 years ago you could go out rabbit hunting nearly every night if you wanted and couldn't hardly put a dent in the population but now you could hunt all nifgt and be lucky if you saw 2 rabbits.

I live on 150 acres and we used to go walking around and jump up several cuvee's of quail around here and they would be out in the yard in the early morning many times but now I dont remember the last time I've seen any quail on this place.

People loose young calves sometime, baby goats, sheep, and baby deer to the fire ants also.

It seems in this country we have a "war" on everything under the sun but I sure wish at least our state government would start a war on fire ants, but I guess that would be hard to do now that those idiots in Washington and the EPA have effectively banned every single type of insecticide that will actually control fire ants.

One thing that does get them is gas........but oh thats right we cant legally do that either....

Peace

You got Fire Ants? Oh man! Ya know, I'd be like that too if I had to live around fire ants. Those little guys take no prisoners!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Hate fire ants! I was introduced to them in FLA. Them lil SOBs (sons of bugs) hurt!

We'd get rich if we came up with an anti-skeeter oil additive. Neighbors would be asking us to do a couple more spins around the block, lol.

sketchman

Mar 23, 2011
WV, USA
Wow, from oil to fire ants. LOL

I can't get either Opti or Arnold where I live. One would be 2 hours drive(in a car doing 75) and the other is non-existent here AFAIK.

I was going to order it, but the cost kills it for me too. I can get traditional stuff or synthetic(and mix both as rich as I will ever need) for cheap here. It's Poulan for me, I'm afraid.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Hate fire ants! I was introduced to them in FLA. Them lil SOBs (sons of bugs) hurt!

We'd get rich if we came up with an anti-skeeter oil additive. Neighbors would be asking us to do a couple more spins around the block, lol.
That aint no joke........LOL!

Neighbors and the city management would have a whole pile of us riding all over town if we could cure the skeeter problem and fire ant problem around these parts.

And yes sir them suckers hurt......I been stung so many times it dont bother me to much now and I dont swell up from them liek some do but I still hate-em with a purple passion...........wish we could send them sucker back down to South America where they have natural enemies that keep them under control.

Peace

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Wow, from oil to fire ants. LOL

I can't get either Opti or Arnold where I live. One would be 2 hours drive(in a car doing 75) and the other is non-existent here AFAIK.

I was going to order it, but the cost kills it for me too. I can get traditional stuff or synthetic(and mix both as rich as I will ever need) for cheap here. It's Poulan for me, I'm afraid.
Yeah we get off topic pretty easy sometimes dont we........oh well sometime the main topic get wore out and there really isnt anything left to say about it so we end up on a rabbit trail on something completely different.....

It comes natural for me cause I'm one of those talks a lot southern country boys......if ya'll cant already tell by all my L....O....N....G.... Post all the time, I dont ever intend to make them long but most of them end up that way for some reaosn, I guess I just get started and cant seem to quit.......one of my many flaws I guess......but I only do that if it is someone I like or something I'm really interested in, hum....! just so happens I really like talking about these MB's

Opti 2 in a packet that makes 1 gal cost me $1.79 + tax here and it wouldnt cost much to ship several packets USPS First class maybe a couple bucks so if you ever wont to try it just give me a hollar and we can arrange for me to get maybe like 5 packets and mail them to ya if you want, I'll just figure up the total cost and that will be all you will have to pay, it would cost roughly $11 for enough oil to make up 5 gallons this would include shipping if the package isnt over 13oz's total weight.

I couldnt do this for everyone on here or nothing like that, but you are the only one that has responded saying you cant get Opti 2 or the Arnolds oil so I would be willing to do this for you if you ever wanted to try the Opti 2 or the Arnolds oil, not sure what the price of the Arnolds is coul dbe the same or could be slightly more, I dont remember.

This offer is for you sketchman so just let me know if you ever want to try some and we'll see if we can make this happen and get you some to try out.

Peace

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
How about this stuff here ? I need a good mix for Break in on my 66cc Engine . Later I might go with a lower ratio Brand of Oil to Gas mix .

Bailey's - WoodlandPRO Synthetic 2-Cycle Engine Oil 2.6 oz. Bottle
I know there will be several differing opinions on this question, and although different they may all actually be right & good advice.

Heres my $.02 worth which may or may not mean squat so you will have to make the call on what you conclude is the right route for you to go after seeing a few different opinions.

Now..... my $.02 !

I have read and heard that some that say it's best to break an engine in with oil that is NOT synthetic because the rings have a harder time mating (wearing in) to the cylinder which actually require a certain amount of friction to accomplish, synthetic oil is a very slick oil that is designed to prevent friction better than conventional oil so by using it before the engine rings have seated good good cause the engine to take much longer to actually seat the rings than it should or it could be that because of the synthetic oil you may never get a proper seat on the rings and cylinder.

Now remember...... I'm NOT saying this is the gospel truth here, but it does make a little sense to me whether it is completely accurate or not, 'm sure there will be some that may agree and maybe some that will scream horse pucky...!

But I say if it were mine I would either break it in with Opti 2 at 1.8 oz's per gallon of fuel or I'd use a quality conventional oil @ 32:1 for about 150 miles or so that smy advise.

Now lets let the opinions fly..........LOL!

Peace

TANGO

May 26, 2011
IL
Mapbike What your saying makes a Lot of sense . Now as for an aluminum Cylinder it should break in fairly Quick now the Bearings are going to need and want a bit of extra oil I would think maybe 2 Tanks full / one gallon of a Heavier Mix then that Opti 2 1.8 per gal . I am thinking of using something else just for the First Gallon

Here is another Brand ? For Break in .

Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Mapbike What your saying makes a Lot of sense . Now as for an aluminum Cylinder it should break in fairly Quick now the Bearings are going to need and want a bit of extra oil I would think maybe 2 Tanks full / one gallon of a Heavier Mix then that Opti 2 1.8 per gal . I am thinking of using something else just for the First Gallon

Here is another Brand ? For Break in .

Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more
Now first thing you need to know is that the cylinder bore in these engines is a hard chromed surface so it is actually harder than the piston rings and it actually wears the rings into itself rather than the rings cutting into the cylinder wall like a none chromed cylinder does, the factory does put a light criss cross honing job on the cylinders to aid the the seating of the rings but the cylinder walls on these engines are very hard and NOT just aluminum...

Now as for the Arnolds 2 smoker oil you listed, I say thats probably a good choice for break in oil if you mix it at 32:1 and make sure the engine isn't running too lean on fuel/oil during the break in period, this isnt normally a problem being that most all of these engines come with a main jet in the carb that is a bit to big and causes them to run pretty rich.

Sounds like you are on the right track here, just make sure your fuel/oil mix is accurate and enjoy about 150 smokey 4 stroking miles and then go to the Opti 2 if you wish @ 72:1 = 1.8 oz's per gallon and then get ready for better performance and very little smoke and after that is when you may wish to start getting a few things modified like maybe a SBP Expansion Chamber Exhaust, a NGK B6HS Plug and better NGK plug boot, then if you got these parts on then it's time to start rejetting that carb and get that booger tuned up.

Things I just mentioned with the Opti 2 and a good tune job will make it seem like you got a different engine on that bike because it will really come alive if you free up the exhaust and get it tuned right for the Opti 2 after it gets a good break in period.

Best wishes on that engine and keep on asking questions, there are many fella's on here that know a lot more about these engines and tuning them than I do and most are very quick to help out......

Peace

brnot

Last edited: