Long, Dark & Cold Winter

GoldenMotor.com

kerf

Jun 28, 2010
Birmingham, Al
I don't know about you but winter has been growing a little old on me this year. It's been quite cold, even in the south and while we don't get as much frozen precipitation as the north does, our cold tends to be a wet cold and pretty uncomfortable. It's been about three weeks since I've ridden and then froze to the point the joy was gone.

We've got plenty of winter ahead but some of us, across the Southern U.S. have been given a temporary reprieve.

Intellicast - High Temperatures Today in United States

Temporary or not, the kerfster will be mak'n smoke this weekend. It may not be shorts, teeshirts and tennis shoes but it will sure beat what I've had up to now.

kerf

Jun 28, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Alright, just got back from a quick but hilly 6 mile test run. Bike's running just like a factory moped and I stayed comfortable. I'll top off the fuel, tires and batteries and be ready to pull out at 5AM for a good 20 mile run in the dark.

Life's good.

tim turbo

Nov 18, 2009
fergus falls mn.
:-||I say amen brother! Streets just got to bare pavement here in The Great White North and now we could get another 4 to 6 inches of new snow! Talk about being tired of winter.

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
Yea,
I'm feeling the winter. Was going to wash off my daily rider... couldn't find the garden hose, probably broken anyway as I didn't take it in last season. I figure a couple of 50+ days, we will be down to 4 or 5 feet of snow pack! Ride on.

Mac

kerf

Jun 28, 2010
Birmingham, Al
I rode this morning in a sweat shirt, got cold but didn't freeze either. I for one am ready for some 70 degree low temps, true comfort weather. Gett'n old doesn't help matters one bit.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
:-||I say amen brother! Streets just got to bare pavement here in The Great White North and now we could get another 4 to 6 inches of new snow! Talk about being tired of winter.
I supose we could put on our snowmobile gear and go for a ride. We just had a big melt 40+ for a week. Its the time of year when we get the warm spells. Another month and we can get them going.........Curt

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
Look at all these southern boys complaining that they can't ride for a few weeks. My bikes have been mothballed for MONTHS due the cold and snow. Just dug one out of the garage today though, but not to ride, just doing some repairs.

kerf

Jun 28, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Look at all these southern boys complaining that they can't ride for a few weeks. My bikes have been mothballed for MONTHS due the cold and snow. Just dug one out of the garage today though, but not to ride, just doing some repairs.
You didn't share where you call home.You could live in Nashville and still call me a "southern boy".

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Brainerd almost dead center of the state. Was up to the north shor a year ago and seen a coulpe bikes and by the time I got gass in the motor home they were on the way,was going to say hi but to late