the Jughead

GoldenMotor.com

dmaddalena

Jan 2, 2010
los altos, ca
Hi all, second attempt to put a pic up (think I've got enough participation points to do this!)

I built this bike out of junk a few years ago. I love this bike: single speed, leather seat, cheap scrap build (except the leather seat!). I was a little sad to motorize it, but I knew I wanted to learn how simple motors work and build me a noisy bike. So rather than wait to build a new frame up from scrap, I figured I'd never find as pretty or as classic a setup as this. As you'll see, I like simple and straightforward. The motor kit is all stock, and when I get a little more cash, I will probably start by replacing the cheap handlebar mechanicals. For now I gave the awful plastic grips the earthy treatment with some twine.

I'm thankful for the forum, as this is all brand new for me. I've been mobile for about a month now. My daughter and I named the bike "Jughead", and she drew his portrait on my helmet. :)

Dave

Attachments

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Dave, that's a great simple bike. Sometimes the K.I.S.S. are the best. Is that a strip of aluminum over the bottom left wheel fork, perhaps to protect it from the chain, good idea!!! And I see you are using the kit tensioner for you pedal side, lol. Let us see a picture of your daughter's drawing, I'd like to see what a jughead is. L8R!