My Street-B build thread

GoldenMotor.com

switch

Jul 10, 2009
Louisville, KY
UPDATE PAGE 2...SPRINGER FRONT END

Hey guys new to the whole motor-biking thing but my buddy Chris got me into it and I just ordered my 66/80cc kit last week. I'm doing a pretty custom build on my bike. I've always been a fan of the old-school/bobber style bikes so I'm building mine to resemble one. I'll just let the pics do the talking.

Here is how it started life...40 years ago

Took it up to the shop and flipped the upper tube to make room for the motor, yours truly acting stupid.

This is just a short intro. I'll have more pics as the time goes. Right now its torn down and ready for paint. Pics to follow shortly.

Last edited:

clinkster

May 7, 2009
socal
simple fix, and really looks great. now i won't look at girls bikes quite the same anymore, thanks. can't wait to see the finished product.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Great idea. Vintage ladies cruisers are always priced lower and the flipped tube makes a very unique frame.
You should apply for a job in the design department at General Motors.

dillon_b12

Jul 14, 2009
Louisville, KY
Mower Man Chris got me in to this as well. Gus' (switch) bike was originally a heap that I found stashed away in the shed of a house I rented a while back. Chris gave me an old cruiser of his that his motor was on at first and then I gave this one to Switch.

Chris, Gus and I are all part of an SAE Baja team that builds off-road vehicles using 4130 tubing ranging in wall thickness from .065 to .035. In other words, we have some experience welding thin wall tubing.

Gus welded it with a Lincoln TIG and ER70-S6 filler wire. It should be just as strong if not stronger than the original brazing.

The bike in it's original condition:

Last edited:

johnmartinwright

Jul 11, 2009
harvey, nd
dammit man wish i had that much equipment at hand to custom weld my own and beat em into shape like that. ever think about adding a springer front end would set that bike up right anyway enjoy the build looks like the ride is not that far away