need help

GoldenMotor.com

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
i just put a 58 cc motor on the bike it didnt want to start when i let go of the clutch i change the spark plug and did the trick and when i was heading home my bike stall again so i dont know why it doing this i dont know if burning to rich it s a brand new engine so anybody can help i really apreciated it thank you.we.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
You live in Tuscon, Az. check with Fairracing he lives in the same town he might be able to help you out. A one on one hands on working on the bike will work better than trying to figure it out on the net. Just PM him I think there is more guys there in your area as well that I'll bet will help you to get that bike to running.
Norman

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Hello city of angels, welcome to the forum.

My buddy just got a brand new motor as well and both plugs that come with the kit fouled out within the first week. Replaced with a NGK and it ran so much better.

But the same day we replaced with the NGK it stopped running again. Acted just like a fouled plug. But it turned out the wires from the CDI to mag came unplugged. Bottom line, the stock plugs foul very easily.

It is possible you fouled another plug

Check for spark, Check all wire connections, plug wire into CDI, kill switch button sticking.

Check for fuel, after trying to start it is your plug wet? Possible fuel valve, fuel cap venting problem, gunk in carb ect.

I will do house calls if need be to get you up and running.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
i like the stock plugs that came with my kit,they work good for me plus they were free.
keep working at it,youll get it running good sooner or later,it just needs a few adjustments.
is your fuelpetcock turned on? carb lever down? loose wire(maybe ground)?
goodluck.

Last edited: