110cc 3 speed electric start engine ideas...

GoldenMotor.com
Jun 25, 2008
Love the look of this engine but would be interested in peoples ideas on how best to mount it.... granted it says its not designed for sprocket and chain but i'd imagine a little engineering could fix that... its on eBay here

Attachments

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
The shaft could probably be changed out. However, this engine is already big and space limiting on a bicycle. Space will also be needed for a starter and battery. Also, if you want to charge your battery while on the go, an alternator will be needed as well. But to be honest, the kind of power this motor puts out could destroy a bicycle while your on it if you ever get it installed.

comfortableshoes

Jul 22, 2008
Beverly, MA USA
mount it up on a OCC stingray. weld on a flat engine mounting plate. those engines usually have a 4 bolt pattern on the bottom for mounting. You are probably not going to keep your pedals but with that much power between your legs yu won't much care.

I'd also say you will probably want to beef up the axles on the back...you'll need something beefy...

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
looks like it has a transmission. I'll bet that motor weighs 50lbs. Yikes !! Good for a dirt bike or something with a thicker and heavier frame than a bicycle. Also.. Anything that large is a motorcycle here where I live. And since it has a tranny, that also makes it a motorcycle. Both things are not good for riding here where I live. Where I live is needs to be less than 50cc and no tranny.

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
That has no transmission just a slip type clutch. But the things are huge, I know I have a bunch of them, Genuine Honda's. there is no starter shaft so you need a good battery. They make those engines in a myriad of configurations I would get the one that has gears and a starter shaft and put it in an old Honda 50 and have some fun. Have fun, Dave