Switching to (or from???) the Dark Side

GoldenMotor.com

Traveler

I sent this same not to another member by mistake. Sorry for the confusion.
Nice job cleaning the engine. I jusb purchased an H motor myself. Any cleaning or rebilding tips? I am 65 years old, and owned a Pacemaker about 50 years ago. I loved and hated it at the same time. The past couple years I started wanting another one, and I need several parts for the engine including the upper and lower mount bracket, the clutch and rear pulley, exhaust and some other things.

Jerry

Hey Mike
When I start assembling my Columbia H Whizzer motor project I will start a thread with pictures too. I am sure many of the members are not familiar with the vintage Whizzer engines and bikes they came on or were installed on. I am going with the thumb controls you don't want to use. Here are a couple pictures of the H engine that is the heart of my project.

Jim

Whizzer Nut

Dec 21, 2008
Millersburg Pennsylvania
I am restoring one right now as well. I am starting with quite a rough one. I am doing one for an older gentleman that has owned it from new. He got it when he was 15 years old & he said the last time he had it started was in around the mid 50's. It's an early H mounted on a BF goodrich (Schwinn) frame. I am about half way through the restoration & I sent the, jug, crank, rod, & new piston to Dave Resse in Ohio for machine work. I'll try to post a pic of what it looked like when it was dropped off at my shop. The spokes where breaking as I rolled it to the garage & if the bicycle chain was thicker I could have used it for a mail box post!! This thing was parked in his barn since it was parked, however it looks like it lived outside until now. Keep Whizzin, Dan

Whizzer Nut

Dec 21, 2008
Millersburg Pennsylvania
Yes I will PM you his phone number. He makes it so easy as when you get it back everthing is done, including painting the jug black. Everthing is assembled that can be assembled. I also don't think it's possible to beat his prices!!! Thanks, Dan

Hot Dog Piggy Tails

Sep 11, 2008
Kelso Wa
Wish I could find one of those Grey tanks for 120 shipped. Im using about a 99 Embossed black tank on my H. The Hot head. Got risolene for it though. I have a Mikes # up there in Ohio. PM me or call 1 877 Whizzer and theyll give it to you for old parts in Ohio I do beleive.

Last edited:

Buzz Bomb

Nov 13, 2008
SoCal
I'll upset some purists, but..

So the Western Flyer has been up and running for a while, and it's been fun, but unfortunately the frame has always had a long bend in it. It's like driving a car that has been in an accident that got it's frame bent. It doesn't track straight, and the wheels don't line up like they should. Unless you really looked closely, you probably wouldn't notice, but at 40mph+ I just don't like the idea. So, I'm now starting the frame replacement project... Hardcore Ballooners- don't get upset... The new Whizzer project will be a '38 Elgin Bluebird.
So, if anyone wants the '42 CWC Western Flyer frame that is being switched out, I'll part with it. It just needs someone who has the patience to twist and bend and whatever else it takes to true up the frame, or ride it as is. If you live locally(SoCal), just come and pick it up. If you don't, I can ship it if necessary, just pay the shipping. Pictures of the completed bike is earlier in this thread. I have a few other original parts that came off the frame before Whizzerizing too. The frame is naked(no cups, etc.).