Denver Area Ride - Saturday July 6th

GoldenMotor.com

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Hi guys, it feels like we haven't rode at all this year. Oh wait... we haven't. I guess it's my fault for not scheduling some rides. All excuses aside, lets meet up and put some miles on in a group setting. What do you think? Hope to hear from you!

Saturday July 6th @ 11am
Berkeley Park - west parking lot

.rd.

Driving Directions

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
awe crap!... im sad to see this tom....if it makes a diff...a lady pulled out in front of me at the end of last month on my mtb...shattered the radius and ulna...left forearm..16 screws..3 pins and 2 plates later...and 50k in bills...playing lawyer games....that being said im out for the rest of the season...

happy to be alive and not brain dead...best wishes tom i hope you heal quick

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
OMG! I've been so busy lately with work and not that active on the forum. I had no clue that this happened. I can't think of much to say other than I'm glad you guys are okay and still here for next season. It has been a bad season for accidents so far. I recently introduced my brother and his friend into motorized bicycles. The last ride we went on my brother wrecked on the trail going about 25, landed on his front torso, brused his stomach and lower ribs. A little over a month ago I wrecked downtown. We were going towards the trail on Wawetta St... and my pant leg got caught in the drive chain of my Mt. bike motorized bicycle, I drifted to about 7 mph and over the left side I went with my leg still stuck. Ouch!

Well, maybe we can have a BBQ or something at some point??? Hang tough!

Frank

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I've often heard the old axiom that says, "It's not If you take a fall, but WHEN". All old motorcyclist will agree with that one. Guess it applies to our bikes too.

Dam, Van, that looks painful :( So sorry my man. Take care of yourself.

Frank, did you get banged up in your fall? How's the bikes, guys?

The black chopper I was riding came out with very minor damage. A scraped handlebar grip, one pedal with road rash and a little rip in the seat. The fuel tank didn't get a scratch. My knee broke the clutch lever off but that was the extent of bike damage. It came out far better than I did.

Hope everyone else is still riding safe and no one else gets hurt this summer.

A BBQ sounds good. Maybe if I talk sweet to Char she'll let us have it here. No promises but I'll try.

Tom

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Happy 4th everybody. It doesn't look like we'll be riding this weekend. I'm going for a ride today. Have fun & be safe!

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
How are you guys doing? Tom??? Van??? Just curious to know your guys progress and how things are going on that side of town.

Frank :)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Doc's say, "No lawn mowing, not dog walks and no motorbike riding. I go in this Tuesday for more x-rays and a consult to see how things are healing. At least I'm out of that stupid leg brace and I can walk without much of a limp but it still feels weak.

I really want to ride in that September motorcycle rally. That's the one my camera wasn't recording last year. There were over 3000 bikes down here, starting from Clements Park. They ride right past my neighborhood and then hit C-470 and up into the hills. I didn't go on the highway with them last year but did ride from the park down Pierce to the entrance ramp to 470. That was cool and the bikers all loved Captain America.

Anyone want to join me? When I know the exact date I'll post it here.

Tom

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Glad to hear things are progressing and not getting worse. On that rally ride Tom; I'll be moving my family from Brighton to Thornton so we'll see the timing of it all. It sounds doable: a short ride, a beer and a good piece of beef. I'll stay tuned for the date. :)

Keep us posted Van, hang tough buddy!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
There's a Hops Resturant just a couple of blocks from where the rally starts. They have an outdoor seating area that overlooks Marston Lake. Great place to park the bikes and have a burger and a brewski.
I'll get the date and let you guys know.

Tom

EDIT: Sept. 29th at Columbine High School > http://www.cyclefish.com/event/15478/

I'll be there. Hope to see a few DAR members too.

Tom

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'm really sorry this is short notice but I'm a procrastinator.
Anyway tomorrow, Sunday the 29th is the Emily parade and it starts at 11:00 but there'll be bikes at Columbine Hight/Clement Park early. I'll be there by 9, 9:30.
This is the event I rode with last year and my camera didn't work. I'm going to try again this year and my neighbor is going to ride the black chopper and I'm taking Captain America.
Hope some of the Denver guys can join us.

http://www.iloveuguys.org/the_ride.html

Tom