I Need Help In Choosing A Battery

GoldenMotor.com

Mannhouse51

Jun 2, 2011
West Michigan
So I'm VERY pleased with my new e bike build...but I'm not too bright about batteries....LOL. The 10.5AH sla batt's I bought are working good. I really only notice the extra weight when I put the bike on the kickstand . Anyways , I like the look of them bottle batteries. And the key to turn it on is way cool . I was looking at the golden motors site and they have a 24V10 ah battery I like. My question ; is there a difference in AH's ? is 10ah from the Li batt the same as 10ah from my sla's? Thanks for the help !

Thud

May 26, 2010
West Michigan
The Ah rating will be true on the lithium based batteries....& they wont suffer form perkut effect that lead batteries do. (you are not getting a true 10AH out of the lead)
you will be amazed at the difference in weight once you drop the lead.

Mannhouse51

Jun 2, 2011
West Michigan
It sounds like the Li Battery is the way to go then. I just did'nt want to replace my batteries with more expensive ones and get the same performance. Thanks...

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
You can drain a Li battery more without damaging it. Read the reviews on whatever you buy. I know of one brand of bottle battery that has not held up well.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
most of your li battery's have a built in bms system. (battery management system) what that does is shut it down when it goes below a certain voltage which helps protect the battery. it also insures all cells charge the same. so far my experience with the li battery's is i am amazed. with the lightness (compaired to sla) and their power they are worth every penny. i have put well over 4,000 miles on my electric bicycle and i notice no difference in the battery performance at all. the electric bike i had in michigan i noticed the battery loosing performance within a few weeks after i got the bicycle