is super titan much better than reg hs 50

GoldenMotor.com

stewpedassle

Feb 16, 2012
florida
i have reg haus and was wondering if was same engine w better carb or what the differance realy was b4 i think of spending 200 on engine or just get shift kit for same price lol

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
From what I have learned on this here forum, the Super Titan has a higher compression ratio due to it having a slightly longer connecting rod than the HuaSheng.
This equates to 3HP for the Titan instead of 2hp for the HuaSheng.
If the price difference is worth 1hp to you, get the Titan.
I would get one myself but I want a 5/8" long shaft engine. The titan is a 1/2" tapered shaft engine.
Yeah, I suppose I could do a parts swap between the two and make what I want...

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
From what I've seen, no one's actually figured out what exactly gives the "Super Titan" more power. It's the Honda GXH50 that has a longer conrod than the HS, worth a little over half a point in compression (and about 10-15% more power). If the Super Titan has a longer conrod too, that wouldn't surprise me, as raising compression from a low 7.4:1 (on the reg HS) would be the quickest and most viable way to increase performance.

If someone has figured out the differences in the Super Titan, please direct me to the post, as I'm extremely curious to read it.
Until then, it's my opinion that it doesn't make as much power as claimed. But then, the HS is the same way: it doesn't make much more than 1.8-1.9HP bone stock.
Some places online are claiming up to 2.5HP for the HS... Now maybe broke-in with all the good mods on it, it will, but not stock!

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
From what I've seen, no one's actually figured out what exactly gives the "Super Titan" more power. It's the Honda GXH50 that has a longer conrod than the HS, worth a little over half a point in compression (and about 10-15% more power). If the Super Titan has a longer conrod too, that wouldn't surprise me, as raising compression from a low 7.4:1 (on the reg HS) would be the quickest and most viable way to increase performance.

If someone has figured out the differences in the Super Titan, please direct me to the post, as I'm extremely curious to read it.
Until then, it's my opinion that it doesn't make as much power as claimed. But then, the HS is the same way: it doesn't make much more than 1.8-1.9HP bone stock.
Some places online are claiming up to 2.5HP for the HS... Now maybe broke-in with all the good mods on it, it will, but not stock!

Here ya go, Bro.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthr...-Honda-GXH50-vs-Dax-XC50s&p=352602#post352602

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Thankya, some decent info. I haven't been over there in quite a while..don't have time for that place for the most part.

I don't think it is 5mm longer bolt center-to-center tho, as he says overall length - otherwise that would be well over 12:1, I think.

The GXH50 has 8:1 and a 0.3MM longer c-to-c rod than the 7.4:1 HS. No "official" compression ratios for the Super Titan makes it all guesstimation :D

zwebx

Mar 9, 2012
Australia
a domed piston will and would be the best way to increase compression... i will see if i can get it from my supplier