Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Re: Reed valve for HT Engines

I'll be very honest... I've taken them down from my website because I feel it's misleading to say they are simply a "bolt on performance part", (because they're not).

These engines are a 'piston port' design & need some serious engine modifications to convert them to adequately work with a reed valve.

I didn't feel people would be happy with their engines performance if they didn't also modify it; (& most customers don't have to skill & tools to do it properly). :(

So basically, I'm using the reeds that I have for 'high end' bikes.

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia

Hi, the idea with reeds is to allow the motor to intake to the crankcase thru 180 degrees as opposed to 60 that they do stock. To allow it to intake thru 180 degrees u need to do some serious modification to ur motor (cut ports in piston, modify intake port, cut boost port in cylinder & seriously upjet ur carb), otherwise its still only gunna intake thru 60 degrees. If done, u get a substancial power increase, but dont attempt it if u dont understand wot u r doing. Cheers

Last edited:

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia

Well, u dont need the boost port & carb upjet to make it intake thru 180, but if ur doing the mods its advantageous 2 add the boost port, & once done the big upjet is nescessary. It is worth doing if u know how 2. Cheers