Brakes keep squeeling

GoldenMotor.com

Mind_Reader7

May 1, 2010
Northam, Western Australia.
I've put a set of V brakes on a friends bike, and the keep squeeling. I tried washing the rim, sanding the pad, and adding a huge toe in to the pads. Any suggestions? I'm going to go pick up some brake cleaner tomorrow (I washed the rim with dishwashing liquid and water), and hopefully that helps.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I'm having a squealing problem with my disc brakes. I can hose the brake dust off and its quite for about 3 stops then it starts squealing again. Just waiting for them to wear out so I can replace them with better pads.

Normally when I have a problem with V-brakes squealing just changing the toe on the pads have worked for me. But I see you have tried that. Maybe keep trying until you hit the sweet spot?

Another thing you might want to look at is what type of wheel do you have? Some pads are for alloy only.

Mind_Reader7

May 1, 2010
I'm having a squealing problem with my disc brakes. I can hose the brake dust off and its quite for about 3 stops then it starts squealing again. Just waiting for them to wear out so I can replace them with better pads.

Normally when I have a problem with V-brakes squealing just changing the toe on the pads have worked for me. But I see you have tried that. Maybe keep trying until you hit the sweet spot?

Another thing you might want to look at is what type of wheel do you have? Some pads are for alloy only.
Not sure what they're made of, definately not steel though. They're new pads, and I was told they're meant to be wicked (they certainly do have a lot of grip). My buddy is going to bring his bike back tomorrow, so I'll have another go. Worse comes to worse, I'll throw on an older set I have laying around.

Mind_Reader7

May 1, 2010
I actually just did a Google search on this particular brand of pads, and apparently, they're know to have super grip, but be super loud, apparently they're only good for wet conditions. Just when I thought most pads were all the same.