newbie build

GoldenMotor.com

monark

Feb 1, 2012
sweden
hello,the bike on the photos i restored org. to be only just a cool beerhauler to the neighbours type of bike (maybe a chinakit).but since have another project with a B&S 5hp i been thinking maybe its nice to kinda swooosch on friday afternoons instead of RAPRAPRAP!! The plan i leaning towards doing a boardtracktank like casing for a bunch of nimh batteries and then i have found a 1000 w motorkit (prob.china) to be mounted low in frame stspk.

everything is possible,but what should i be looking extra at? batteries and so on. Please feel free to comment.

sorry!tried post photo but app. you cant if you allready posted it in another thread? gona take a new and same pic. tomorrow

goooood night.

monark

Feb 1, 2012
sweden
hello Dan! a little luck, aint much progress on the e-asea build on my part just now.the little time i got is on the board track "pollution" build right now.still browsing the net for nowhows from time to time but it aint cheap to go electric and i tend to try to do things right the first time so this one is going to go legpower over the summer.the motor as usual is no big deal but the right kind of batteries and management for it is another matter.in sweden we arent allowed to have a real e-motorised bike (e-help up to 25km/h and then shut down???).I dont botter much of this,if it have a motor there got to be a throttle!

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Awesome frame! Looking forward to seeing your build.

Always kinda amazes me. Just think Europe would be much kinder about MBs. Years back I was dating a woman from Friesland, Netherlands. She thought I was crazy building these things. Told me it was "for old folks" LOL. Here, I get ".. aren't you a lil old to be ridding that?" Implying MBs are for kids.

Crazy thing about laws. Where I live, (CT. U.S.) Can have a 5 HP engine and drive/ride at any speed. Next state over, you can't put an engine on bicycle legally. (But never get bothered)

I really think we should form some sort of international union based on the CT law. Great time. They are green and get folks to work. No legislature is gonna vote against that.

LOL, whats the worst that can happen?

.wee.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Hey Monark, ill be watching this one closely. I have the same problem here in OZ, but we are allowed 200watts, not much but i doubt they will be checking the size of the motor, at least not for a while.

I really like the bike you have to use, and i agree about the batteries being expensive, so i will be interested to see what you come up with.

I would have also thought that Sweden would be ahead of the rest allowing EBikes.

monark

Feb 1, 2012
sweden
hello guys. Dan: Here in this wonderful country of sweden most the laws regarding much of our roadgoing stuff happens to be invented in the city of Brussels where the headquarter of the European Union happens to be,and it SUCKS!! even new mopeds/scooters with a normal 50 cc engine is divided in 2 groups ( 30 km/h licensefree,50 km/h eu-license).and the list goes on and on and..... Harry: yup,more sofisticated batteries are not cheap and since this aint no racer its leaning towards 2 ordinary motorcyclebatteries wired into 24 volts.the little chinamotor in the photo are 200w but to be able ride it has to be 500 w atleast.

monark

Feb 1, 2012
sweden
hello guys. Dan: Here in this wonderful country of sweden most the laws regarding much of our roadgoing stuff happens to be invented in the city of Brussels where the headquarter of the European Union happens to be,and it SUCKS!! even new mopeds/scooters with a normal 50 cc engine is divided in 2 groups ( 30 km/h licensefree,50 km/h eu-license).and the list goes on and on and..... Harry: yup,more sofisticated batteries are not cheap and since this aint no racer its leaning towards 2 ordinary motorcyclebatteries wired into 24 volts.the little chinamotor in the photo are 200w but to be able ride it has to be 500 w atleast.
yea,we have the e-bikes with "helpmotor" but they start at ca 1000 bucks and up but i think there would take much of a officer to confiscate a nicely homebrewed e-bike but you can also meet him on a bad day!