How to make ur 66cc engine get more taque or acceleration =)

GoldenMotor.com

FPSaustralia

Dec 7, 2011
sunshine coast
.wee. Hey all i Have been experementing on how to modd you 66cc engine and icame across something on accedent .. i was Riding along one day and my -( idle tuning screw) - fell out .. my bike immidetly had much more power ..

the reason being is it lets more air into the Engine and that means better porormance ...

some bad points --- The engine will idle a TINE bit more when the cluch is in and all you do is cover the whole with finger and it goes normal ... .

Some REAlly good points ... -- It makes it much better in porformance and if you want to slow down with out using brakes just cover holl :) cvlt1

hope this helps

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Yup!

You just got a real good indicator your engine has been running too rich.

You might try changing the needle height to a different clip position or even soldering up the main jet and drilling it a smaller size to see how that works.

Good luck!
rc

...thinking more, your float needle valve may not be sealing well, if you got a big improvement from taking out the idle mix needle!!!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Put the idle screw back in and tune the carburetor. Keep riding like you are and you'll be in the market for a new engine or a rebuild of the one you have. Too lean.
Tom

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Replace thaT screw and jet it. You are way lean right now like he said. Your kit seller might have pity and send you one...(I don't have an extra either, sorry):-||

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
In a pinch you can make one with the proper screw and a sharp file or grinder, if you remember the shape of the original. (the end has the threads ground off and a dull "point" to raise the slide as it's inserted. Next time, use locktite or at least nail polish. Best of luck!