...more than a head light??

GoldenMotor.com

Jesuswon1

Jul 25, 2008
Hey gang...
I've searched postings for about an hour, and can't seem to find any ideas for a full lighting system... Before the flames start flying, I'm already aware that the "white wire" from the engine will barely supply enough power to a head lamp, let alone tail lights or signal lights. What I'm wondering about is if anyone has done a custom intigrated signal light system for their custom built "motorbicycle"... What lamps did you use, and how did you mount them? battery? switches, and mounting? Are there any threads discussing this?

I'm riding an old schwinn with a 49cc-70cc (don't really care about true or exact measurements) BGF motor and I'm heading into the winter months looking for a project. I figure if I can't ride it, then I'll continue to customize it.

I'm considering a rear rack and maybe mounting a light cluster at the back of that, and hiding battery and other blinker modules in some custom panier bags.

Thoughts?...Ideas...?

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
I haven't even gotten my bike running yet, but I have been considering using a rechargeable sealed lead acid (SLA) battery. My thought was to invent a lockable "trunk" mounted to a rear rack to store the battery then just recharge it at home. It just seems like using the white wire is going to be too much trouble. :/

Biker Mike

Mar 21, 2008
Cropwell Alabama
why not the old generator set properly installed ,work pretty good
I've been toying with the idea of driving the old generator with a speedometer cable. Mount it in a small round container below the headlight and run all cables and wires to it there. Just an idea at this point...:D