Skyhawk chain won't fit MM sprocket

GoldenMotor.com

rijopiatt

Dec 30, 2009
Indiana
The chain supplied with my Skyhawk engine won't fit on the Manic Mechanic sprocket I just installed. As the chain goes around the MM sprocket it gets and farther off ie. won't seat in the gullet/valley/base :confused:. By the time I'm half way around the sprocket the chain is resting on top of the teeth. Any suggestions appreciated.

Rick in Indiana

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
The chain supplied with my Skyhawk engine won't fit on the Manic Mechanic sprocket I just installed. As the chain goes around the MM sprocket it gets and farther off ie. won't seat in the gullet/valley/base :confused:. By the time I'm half way around the sprocket the chain is resting on top of the teeth. Any suggestions appreciated.

Rick in Indiana
The SkyHawk kit chain is 410 chain which is 1/8" between the chain side plates.

The MM sprocket is made to fit 415 chain which is 3/16" between the chain side plates.
They also work well with 41 chain which is 1/4" between the side plates.

Suggestion? Use a real ANSI 415 chain instead of the cheap Chinese 410
bicycle chain.

kevinkrg6

Jun 3, 2011
ohio
Just got a MM sprock and had the same issue.

Even better than a 415 is a #41 chain. See if you can find it locally. It'll be cheaper and you'll get it faster.

It'll be stronger too.

You may need a small spacer behind the drive sprock for it to work though, come to think of it.

Last edited:

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Am I most likely to find the 415 at a bike or motorcycle shop or do you have a recommended vendor?
You can go to the motorcycle shop for it, but it will be a little more pricey for the 415. If you go to your local farm and garden store or napa and they should have some #41 on hand. . .