ebikes in China

GoldenMotor.com

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
Range is an entirely subjective issue. Populated areas have more people of course so it stands to reason more bicycles are ridden there but there is another reason: things are closer together and more compact in urban and semi-urban locals. It all depends on one's specific needs.

I have a acquaintance that lives in a small city nearby, actually a college town, and the area has a footprint where just about everything is contained in a 5 mile radius. He said he rides an average of 5 to 10 miles a day for work and errands. He bought this bike a couple years ago and loves it, never run the charge to zero. It suits him, his locale, budget and his riding habits.

X-Treme XB-300Li Lithium Electric Bicycle

It's a nice bike, weighs 52 lbs. with the battery pack, a 20 to 25 mile range, and the thing I liked about it is it's a pretty good bicycle to begin with, much better than average department store quality. He paid $800 for it and added a couple of upgrades so IIRC with shipping he has about $1000 into it. I have ridden it and it is surprisingly zippy, smooth and veeery quiet.

Last edited: