bike makes strange noises

GoldenMotor.com

gabba

Apr 29, 2011
malta
when i try to start my bike making a very loud noise im thinking from cylinder head ... HELP !!! :-||

gabba

Apr 29, 2011
malta
it not starting up when i try to stars it goes verry loud im not sure what could be the piston i opend the head then i started doing this sound...

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Nooo - I'm suggesting that you possibly have a differing amount of torque across the bolts, and when there's combustion it pops the head up.

But honestly, without a video or anything, it's tough to say with the amount of information you've given us.

Can you elaborate possibly?

gabba

Apr 29, 2011
malta
il try i cannot find from where exactly but when the revs go up it doesnt do that verrly loud

could be the plug it tight alot??

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Well, without knowing what sound you're talking about or where it's coming from, I really can't help. I can only speculate, which I'd rather not do.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
1. Did you be sure to put your head gasket in?

2. Did you drop a foreign object in there when you removed the head?

3. Check the center of the top of your piston and see if your spark plug is striking the piston.

4. GET A TORQUE WRENCH and properly torque the head.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
He corrected himself - originally it was foot pounds, but corrected with inch pounds.

That is NOT enough torque for these motors though.

Step One in china girl care: Take it out of the box.
Step Two in china girl care: Replace all bolts with grade 8 steel. (5 or better is sufficient)

I wouldn't go more than 12 on those crap aluminum bolts, and there's no need to surpass 15 after a steel replacement. Remember - the block is aluminum too!

@adb140275: I highly doubt you got an 8mm aluminum bolt to 70 ft/lbs.

Word of advice to anyone contemplating pulling their head off to look inside, or anyone contemplating loosening their head in attempt to fix sound that's "probably some where from the head with combustion it makes a loud sound .."

Don't do it unless you have a torque wrench. Buy one, rent one, borrow one - it doesn't matter how you get it, as long as you get that one of the HUGE things is making sure your head is properly torqued.