OCC Front brake disc brake adapter question

GoldenMotor.com

paparoach

May 7, 2009
Virginia
What size is the hub of the OCC Stingray front rim. i want to install a disc brake set up and i have been looking for a long time to have come across so many sizes.the adapter is the part i need a size for. and who has made a caliper adapter for this thing?

Masterm222

Feb 14, 2009
Billings, Montana
Simplest way I know of to put front disc on a caliper style set of triple trees is to buy a new front disc wheel and make a plate to mount your caliper onto. The threaded disc brake adaptors I have used have the same thread as a standard free wheel. In theory one could remove the free wheel off a rear hub and thread on the disc rotor adaptor. Then flip the wheel and use it on the front with the disc brake on the left side (normal placement) Not theory - done it on the Grape Ape until my new wheel came in. The caliper plate was easy out of 1/8" steel. wraps around the axle and a small bolt holds it in position.

Last edited:

beentryin

Apr 24, 2010
goshen,ohio
Simplest way I know of to put front disc on a caliper style set of triple trees is to buy a new front disc wheel and make a plate to mount your caliper onto. The threaded disc brake adaptors I have used have the same thread as a standard free wheel. In theory one could remove the free wheel off a rear hub and thread on the disc rotor adaptor. Then flip the wheel and use it on the front with the disc brake on the left side (normal placement) Not theory - done it on the Grape Ape until my new wheel came in. The caliper plate was easy out of 1/8" steel. wraps around the axle and a small bolt holds it in position.
do you know were you got the adapters?