For Over 6 Weeks, No One to Ride With... UNTIL TODAY!

GoldenMotor.com

Bean Oil

Jan 10, 2008
So, my bike's been running since early December '07 albeit with some basic bicycle mechanical glitches... nothing to do with the motor kit... and I have ridden alone the entire time.

Usually I'll ride the 4 miles or so from where I live towards the coast to a popular tourist spot called The Venice Boardwalk, then a few miles more up to Santa Monica Pier, then back again on a different route through a familiar neighborhood.

It's fun, but... *sniff* ...there have been no other motorbicycle enthusiasts to be seen anywhere...

Until today.

Lo and behold, I get to the beach and as I'm ready to turn into an alley that parallels the boardwalk, I spot TWO MOTORIZED Schwinns! parked at the side of the street in front of an outdoor cafe.

I think to myself, "I'm parking right next to them and I'll know exactly who they are in a minute"... hahahaha.... and wouldn't you know it, I see the two dudes responsible: Larry and Norm.

We meet and talk about our bikes over a refreshing beverage, comparing notes and having a few laughs. For now, I quickly dub our trio the Venice Motoredz.

We get to the subject of exhaust noise levels, then we decide to go for a short ride up to Santa Monica Pier...

Anyway, here're are a few crappy cellphone pics of the three of us after our short trip... next time, Norm's gonna bring a real camera; one that doesn't make Larry look like Father Time, me look like I have a Groucho moustache and Norm look like he's a noseless hunchback retard... I assure you, from what I could see, the chicks dro0l over the Normanat0r.

Larry, me, then Norm

These two guys are a great addition to my motorized bicycling hobby; I look forward to meeting up with them weekly if possible.

Larry and Norm, you guys rock! Great to meet you!

- Chris

:)~

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Man Chris, That's pretty cool that you ran into these guys. I bet it sweet cruising the beach. I wish we had weather like that! Up here in the Bay Area we've had the crappiest weather (Cold, rainy and windy). If it clears up tommarrow, we plan on taking a 30-40 mile ride.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I am so jealous and so tired of riding alone and I only had the bike running a few weeks. I am going to recruit someone even if I have to build them a bike myself.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Bean
I got my car sideswiped in that parking lot where you guys took your pictures my son used to set up his artists booth on Venice. We will meet sooner or later cause I love to go to Venice I need my other ear pierced got the first one done on Venice in the alley by a Lady known as Moma son. Check out my kids work he hits Santa Monica and Huntington Beach at art shows and used to go to Venice every week ends I love going to the Beach there and hitting the sort of out door bar on the north end of the boardwalk and drink a Beer out of the the hourglass shaped glasses.
Maybe I'll make out there this year and look you guys up.
Norman

Bean Oil

Jan 10, 2008
^ ^ ^ Lemme know!

(We met in Venice then rode another 3 miles north on the street and shot the pic at S.M. Pier... we cannot ride on that particular beach route bike path itself wth motors on)

(c)

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
The bike path thing is why I built a new elec hybred. With it I can ride the bike path then drop the motor to head home. Don't even wear a helmet with it. Top speed is probably ten mph with the motor. I have done fifteen with one like it but it really feels like you are flying for some reason.

bagger

Apr 29, 2008
south bay ca
i live in the south bay and i ride to vinice; hermosa ;redondo i have not seen you guy anywere. i have a old schwinn with ape hangers and 80cc motor. i would love to ride with you guy!!!

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
i live in the south bay and i ride to vinice; hermosa ;redondo i have not seen you guy anywere. i have a old schwinn with ape hangers and 80cc motor. i would love to ride with you guy!!!
Just send me a message... We ride at Venice all the time! (^)
Probably going there today!

Bean Oil

Jan 10, 2008
Did you turn them on to motorbicycling.com?
I did, but Larry hasn't posted (and seems to have wandered off somewhere else). Norm has shown up here as user Venice Boy!
I gotta get a better pic of us posted up in my first post...

I've been away from here due to long hours at work and a rear wheel brake and sprocket mounting issue that have both been solved; I'm on the road again and loving it. The motor has over 300 miles on it and is broken in; it starts and runs well, although it doesn't pull like a true 80cc like Norm/VENICE BOY's bike does. Until I measure the cylinder bore and the piston stroke to know for sure I won't know what it is. At least it's been reliable so far and I've been riding it for almost 6 months now.

MarkTur

May 23, 2008
Very cool! I'm alone here in Boynton Beach, FL....if you live close - give me a holler! :)