My Rides, and help me name them!

GoldenMotor.com

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
Here are some photos of my rides. One is a '46 Columbia with a 48cc GruBee, the next is a 1980 Western Flyer also with a 48cc GruBee, and the last is a 2005 Whizzer NE5. Our friend Large Filipino has named his bikes (MOOP, Cronus, MOOP the 2nd), which I kinda like (since my first car had the nickname "Bessie"). I'm having a hard time thinking of names for these, so if you have any ideas, just throw 'em my way. Thanks!

Attachments

Joshua

Jun 8, 2008
usa
Here are a couple I came up with, I had a hard time with the 1st one.
1st Pic-Red boot or ol' red shoe (love the tires)
2nd-Lula Bell (I don't know just looks like a lula bell with that pink and red paint job)
3rd-Keller(Irish) - from a word meaning "little companion."

Let us know who the winner is.

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
Here are some photos of my rides. One is a '46 Columbia with a 48cc GruBee, the next is a 1980 Western Flyer also with a 48cc GruBee, and the last is a 2005 Whizzer NE5. Our friend Large Filipino has named his bikes (MOOP, Cronus, MOOP the 2nd), which I kinda like (since my first car had the nickname "Bessie"). I'm having a hard time thinking of names for these, so if you have any ideas, just throw 'em my way. Thanks!
Can't remember the name of the old western but a grouchy old miner called his jackass "Number 7", had an old Buick I named that also, car just kept on going. The first bike looks like a Number 7, second one maybe HAZEL, the Whizzer has a Police Bike look maybe "CHiPs"

Usually machines will name themselves---(c) Walter F.

Jemma Hawtrey

Dec 29, 2007
Essex, UK
Hey

Im thinking with the first of the three (the red & black) - how about 'Red Devil' ?

The second one - I cant think of anything suitably masculine rotfl - but I have to say I love the paintjob and the colour combination its absolutely gorgeous! it isnt one of the combos that they did for the 'girlie cars' concepts of the late 50's by any chance?

The third - since its black and white - how about either 'Chess', knight or Bishop?

Regarding the cancer charity ride - If I can get a solid $1000 in sponsorship promises or so then I think we have a go for the ride - that'd be less than a $1 a member on here...

Jemma xx

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
#1 is "Old Timer"
#2 is "Sadie Mae"
#3... maybe "The Black Pearl" or "Gypsy"?

You'd better post on here what you DO eventually name them!! :D

Last edited:

Jemma Hawtrey

Dec 29, 2007
Essex, UK
Here are a couple I came up with, I had a hard time with the 1st one.
1st Pic-Red boot or ol' red shoe (love the tires)
2nd-Lula Bell (I don't know just looks like a lula bell with that pink and red paint job)
3rd-Keller(Irish) - from a word meaning "little companion."

Let us know who the winner is.
I like the keller name actually - didnt know it was from the gaelic

How about 'lufian' - its from the old english and is the verb for 'love' for the pink/burgundy bike?

Thank you motoschwinn :D

Jemma xx

Last edited:

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I like your bikes, but, I am terrible with naming things ( i had a dog named 'mutt' and another named 'pooch')
the last thing I named well was my one child (Crystal)

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
I'd name the first one "Hot Feet" for the red tires aka shoes/feet.

Next....Dolly. The pink just makes it yearn for the name Dolly.

The third...Flatfoot or Copper or Fuzz or something like that...reminds me of a super oldschool police bike.

by the way, how the heck is that horn on the whizzer even usable? I'd probably fall off the bike trying to honk it, lol.

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
Well folks, I'm still torn about the name for the '46 Columbia, but I do kinda like "Red Shoes". The Western Flyer is showing up as pink and red? :eek: On my monitor the photo shows the real colours, tan and brown!
When I painted the fenders of the Whizzer, I was kind of looking for the old time Police bike look. I even have a white half halmet that is straight out of CHIPs. I'm kind of leaning that way, but let's see what other names come in.
Here's a link to Photobucket to see a larger image of my Western Flyer. Maybe the colours will show true to form.
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z21/KilroyCD/My Bikes/ag13015.jpg

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
#1~If you were Mr Miagie and you told Daniel to choose he may choose this one....or maybe the whizzer. But go with me here.
I would name this bike "Danielson"

#2~This bike is newer but it's still old school charm. This bike deserves a woman's name. Something used long ago but still used today.
Like.... Clara.

#3~This is the Hot Rod of the bunch. This is the bike old timers will tell you they used to have as a child. This is the bike Harley Riders will stare and stare. This bike is also American Made as far as I know anyway. So this bike deserves an all american name that stands for freedom and all that jazz. It needs a dude's name I think. A name common in the old days when America was still young but rarely used today.
Something like.... Hayden.

ricland

Jul 27, 2008
Whizzer looks great, but they don't go very fast, do they?

How much did you pay for it and what year is it?

Also, how does each stack-up to your Titan?

ricland

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
Whizzer looks great, but they don't go very fast, do they?

How much did you pay for it and what year is it?

Also, how does each stack-up to your Titan?

ricland
The Whizzer is a 2005, and was purchased used off eBay. It was $1000 before shipping. Since the bike is still within the 500 mile break-in period, I haven't explored its top speed. The bike is comfortable at 25 to 30mph. With the restrictor plate opened up, it's capable of 40mph or more unmodified. Get a couple of tweaks done to the engine, and you can have one that is scary fast. Just ask Quenton!
Unfortunately I cannot answer how it stacks up against the Titan, as I don't have one. Large Filipino has one, but no Whizzer to compare it with. I can say that with its 138cc 4-stroke engine it has more torque than the 48cc GruBee 2 strokes on my other bikes, and I'm sure I'll realize a higher top speed once broken in. The '46 Columbia with the 48cc GruBee tops out at 30mph with the 50-tooth rear sprocket. I haven't taken the Western Flyer that fast yet, as it's still in break-in mode. I've only ridden it about a dozen times.

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
The Whizzer is literally the Harley Davidson of Motorized bicycles.
I mean I heard how one sounded like at a you tube video was it Kilroys bike I don't remember but man does it sound GLORIOUS. And when cruising at a slow pace like 10 mph the engine sounds like it's idling so you know that puppy has torque.
I haven't rode a whizzer too but I can probably tell you comparing my bike to a Whizzer is like apples and oranges. My bike is just quiet and smooth still feels like a bicycle. The Whizzer I'm only guessing you KNOW what you're riding.
I do believe the asking price for a Whizzer is well worth it.
One day I will own one.

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
#1~If you were Mr Miagie and you told Daniel to choose he may choose this one....or maybe the whizzer. But go with me here.
I would name this bike "Danielson"

#2~This bike is newer but it's still old school charm. This bike deserves a woman's name. Something used long ago but still used today.
Like.... Clara.

#3~This is the Hot Rod of the bunch. This is the bike old timers will tell you they used to have as a child. This is the bike Harley Riders will stare and stare. This bike is also American Made as far as I know anyway. So this bike deserves an all american name that stands for freedom and all that jazz. It needs a dude's name I think. A name common in the old days when America was still young but rarely used today.
Something like.... Hayden.
Large, I like the choices you gave me, But I'm unsure about giving any of the bikes a woman's name. Someone just might think the wrong thing if I said "I'm going to hop on Clara and take her for a ride." :eek: :D Even so, I like the name. It's one of the top contenders.
As to the Whizzer, this formerly all-American bike is now made in Taiwan. That doesn't mean I like it any less. You're right about the dude's name, and I just thought of one that harkens back to the era you refer to, but also has the police link to it. Does anyone remember the campy old 1950s police drama, "Highway Patrol"? Broderick Crawford starred in that, and I remember watching the reruns when I was in high school back in the 70s. I still remember one of his famous sign-off lines, "Remember, leave your blood at the Red Cross or your local Blood Bank. Not on the highways!"
So, I think the Whizzer just might end up with the name "Broderick". That is, unless someone comes up with a better name.

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
#1 Mud Slinger - It has a look of someone who is willing to get down and dirty.

#2 Daphnie - The bike has a feminine appeal but you know that there is more.

#3 The Fuzz - I like jasonh's name....it sounds appropriate for something that might pull you over and had a tommy gun hidden in it.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
But I'm unsure about giving any of the bikes a woman's name. Someone just might think the wrong thing if I said "I'm going to hop on Clara and take her for a ride." :eek: :D
Haha, but it's better than giving it a name like "bruce" and saying "I'm going to hop on Bruce and take him for a ride."