Please help with my first kit

GoldenMotor.com

bamabikeguy

Jun 28, 2008
Holly Pond, AL
picasaweb.google.com
I'm letting the admin know about the request for a forum.
We don't want to be segregated---that's the hallmark of elitism !! (kidding)

My memory is so short, I ask groucho where he's from when it took like 10 lazy seconds to find out Minnesota.

I was just wondering if Jemma was the first Lonesome Rackee, like I was on the old place...it appears not many have flown over this away.

I dunno about all that bad blood crapola caused after I quit last October, but I promise we will keep that quashed. Nobody pays me for advise, or a commission on a sale, and not all my modifications are "approved"/"official".

I hate tech/mech, would rather talk about hair-raising adventures, but I have an archive of "how to pix".

Anyway,

Thanks Joe.

Ima Schwinner

Jul 21, 2008
E. Oregon
Have you had a look at the simpson racer S10? pricey but a wonderful look to the machine and it uses a Whizzer motor, not the here today, blown into little bits tomorrow HT/Chengines..

Jemma xx
I just checked out the SMB photos. VERY nice! Mike's kits would be a very good place to start a build.

I also just discovered the Timeless Motor Company. They offer beautiful turn-key bikes with a 4-stroke motor. I found some Youtube videos of them, and they're sweet sounding. I have no idea what they cost, and I'm probably better off not knowing.

Me-N-Mike

Jul 23, 2008
Central PA
Since the original question was regarding which kit, I just thought I would throw my $.02 in. I have the GEBE system and am generally very happy with it. I've only had it a month but it works well. Now that I have learned a little more about the kits out there, I probably would have given the Staton chain system a strong consideration. I like the freewheel design. My commute home is mostly downhill so I pedal about 1/2 of the trip. It is a bit of a pain to stop and remove the belt then stop again later and put it back on. It would be nice to simply kill the engine and keep going.

nogoodnic

Jan 29, 2008
Shelby MI
forum1.freakbikenation.com
Hi IS, I'll chime in on your bike questions. All of the bikes that you've mentioned would make great canidates for a MB. Your Dad's Schwinn HD is an awsome bike, 10X the quality of the wally world Schwinns, the wheels already have large gauge spokes and they actually gyroscope while riding, this bike will practically ride itself. The Dyno is another great riding bike, very comfortable, great geometry and for parts if you want to build yourself check out Home - Choppers U.S., LLC great guys and great service. The downfall of the roadster is the low seating position, you are sitting lower than a conventional bike and car drivers will have a harder time seeing you. Teh Electras are some of the best built production bikes today and ride like a dream. I haven't actually ridden one of Mikes bikes but know the time and research that he has put into his designs, he is a stickler for detial and quality and I'm sure that you would not be disapointed if you went that route. Hope this helps...Kelly