KK Roadster with China 2 Stroke | Will it mount?

GoldenMotor.com

jtbarnes89

Sep 1, 2010
Tucson
nice bike and yes it will mount but u need extra parts like longer chain and extraguides... im in tucson too.. just let me know when u wanna ride

jimmyintucson

Sep 2, 2010
Tucson, AZ
I understand that I'll need extra guides and chain, but the width seems off, when I set the motor in, I can't get it centered because the chain is too close, if it was installed, it would rub like ****. I'm down to ride anytime after I get it all put together and what not.

snobord28

Jun 2, 2010
Bakersfield
Hi there,not the easiest project to build but a good one. I have one myself , depending on where you want to mount the engine you may have some clearence issues, lots.you will most likely have to get rid of that stock back wheel and rim. I think the tire is like 3 1/4 in wide, the best Ive been able to get away with is 2.75. also with the engine at the seat post ,I had to cut and customize the intake for carb., and make rollers and brackets for both the chains. here are a couple pics of what I got away with.The first one is how close the chain is to the tire.good luck!

Attachments

jimmyintucson

Sep 2, 2010
Tucson, AZ
snobord28: Thanks a bunch for the pics and info, very helpful!!! I hadn't thought of routing the chain up over the engine cover, that solves the biggest issue I noticed so far, great idea. I was thinking that mounting the motor on a rack might be my only choice, glad to see that's not the case.

foryourride: Best of luck to ya, I hope you make a thread about it. I'll likely be starting my build soon(ish) and I"ll be sure to share the progress.

jtbarnes89

Sep 1, 2010
Tucson
jimmy im buying a kk roadster today for 350 and starting my swap from my cruiser to the kk... make sure u post plenty of pics of ur mounts and chain set up.. ill need all the help i can get