AC to DC

GoldenMotor.com

jirble2

Mar 23, 2010
Exactly as the title says, I want to turn the white wire AC into DC. Apparently it can be done using 4 diodes, but I'm not sure on how to connect the diodes and which diodes to use.

So my questions are: Which diodes do I use?
How do I connect them?

A schematic would also be a great help if anyone has one/can easily make one.

jirble2

Mar 23, 2010
Thanks for the link.

Just one thing to confirm though: Once I have set up a rectifier, to charge a battery, do I simply hook up positive to positive, negative to negative to the battery to charge it, or is there some additional circuitry required? I'm planning on using a sealed lead acid battery if that's important.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Once you've the rectifier - I think that's it, you'll not hafta worry about overcharging or anything given how little these mags put out...

...but I will say I'm no electrical guru & it'd be best to contact one of the folks discussing such things - I simply cheated and used a genhub instead of messin' about w/diodes, rectifiers & other mysterious doodads that go zot in the night ;)

jirble2

Mar 23, 2010
A success story now: After reading through the thread that BarelyAWake provided, I've now managed to set up an incandescent lighting system with a battery. I will soon turn this to a LED system so as to minimalize power consumption.
dance1

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
:oops:

*cough* a minor correction lol, as the ways of electrics cornfuddle & terrify me - I provided only the link, our far more knowledgeable members provided the know how ;)

Glad to hear it worked out for ya tho (^)

Last edited: