1st build in Orange County, CA

GoldenMotor.com

Ollie

Sep 7, 2010
Minnesota
thank you for the kind words.

goat herder- the frame is not a Dyno it's possible it is a dyno copy. the Dyno has horizontal dropouts mine doesn't, I wish it did it would have made my life a little easier. the frame was from "oldguysbike" found it on CL. steel
Magrider - beautiful bike.

I've been trolling for a couple weeks because I am in the process of building one of these as a winter project in my new garage.

I'm looking to do a cruiser style rat, and I dig your frame. I can't seem to find 'oldguysbike' - do you have a link?

Ollie

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
lowlife- the tank is a jaz jr. dragster tank. mounted to the goose neck. I cut the post off and welded it to a plate put a hole in it and welded it in the space between the post and fender mount. check the first post it has a good pic of it.

ollie- that company isn't around anymore I think it was just a sample. I would use the Dyno duece for my next build. very similar but i think better, it has horizontal dropouts

thanx for the comps

Ollie

Sep 7, 2010
Minnesota
lowlife- the tank is a jaz jr. dragster tank. mounted to the goose neck. I cut the post off and welded it to a plate put a hole in it and welded it in the space between the post and fender mount. check the first post it has a good pic of it.

ollie- that company isn't around anymore I think it was just a sample. I would use the Dyno duece for my next build. very similar but i think better, it has horizontal dropouts

thanx for the comps
magrider - thanks for the info. Again awesome bike. I'm taking some cues from yours if you don't mind.

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
Kool thanks for the info.... How did you re-locate the seat tho?
i cut the seat tube that extended past the top tube.
filled the hole in the top tube so it looks like it is one solid piece.
I then got some flat bar and traced the opening behind the seat tube, between the fender mount.
cut the flat bar and drilled a hole in it so the seat post could fit through it.
welded the first piece I cut off onto the flat bar so I could clamp the seat post to it.
welded this piece into the hole behind the seat post and fender mount.
bondo and then paint.

my first post has a close up of the finished job, sorry I didn't take pictures of this procedure when I first did it

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
it's been 4 months since my last post.
update:
I had a new Kore hub laced to a Halo SAS rim.
mounted the top hat adapter and sprocket from Kings.
installed a 203mm rear disc.
fabed a caliper mount and welded it to the frame.
modified the pipe so the exhaust wouldn't get all over the rotor.
attached the cable routing tube.

as money and time permits I'll be making the front suspension, with my fingers crossed my first build will be finally done. (yeah right!!)

Attachments

Last edited:

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
That is a hot bike, there isn't a thing about it I dislike! A lot of things I wish I had on mine though :) Happy riding! Tank looks really cool!

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
That is a hot bike, there isn't a thing about it I dislike! A lot of things I wish I had on mine though :) Happy riding! Tank looks really cool!
thanx, 614- I finally got it finished and took it for a spin yesterday to Disneyland the speedo says I'm doing over 30 mph... will post some pics soon