Help! Need Expert!

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
My morning gig is "Meals on wheels" Love these folks but can not get them to stop using WD on these 1/4 pallet sized wheeled handles and carts. They would last 100, maybe 200 yrs. No kidding, they are industrial stainless. But they have washed all the grease out of the bearings with WD. My personal thought is the stuff is amazing and I must own 10 cans. It also is great for cleaning up oil spills on cement but I choose not to use it on any thing I want grease to stay on or comes pre-lubricated. I have used it on rusted cables but am sure to follow up with the right grease. Well, for cables and chains, I use bacon grease. It does not last any where near as long as proper and modern grease but really gets in.

Ramble alert. Capt' Foss used to keep a small piece of WD sprayed cloth in the can that held his sail needles. Hand made in Germany. We both used these in salt spray and never once had to polish rust off em. To this day every tool chest draw I own that holds hand tools, has a small cloth soaked on the bottom.

In closing, I agree with every body, every where. (but did not approve this ad)