Homebuilt Stretch frame, 1st Motorized Bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

KiM

May 5, 2010
Australia
Re: Homebuilt Stretch frame, 1st MB

Good to hear ;-) If i was still married to my Dutch wife i would be having her parents get me a BasMan and send it too me! Lovely looking frames they are.

KiM

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA

Hoeha,

Ik kan u niet zeggen hoe zeer ik geniet van uw Stretch Bouw naarmate hij vordert, laat ik dit zeggen u inspireren van anderen in het forum met je rek te bouwen.

Ik zou willen dat we meer durf had zulke bouwers als uzelf hier in de VS, slechts een gedachte misschien kun je een zijspan rig ook toevoegen aan deze te bouwen, hebben niet gezien dat iemand uit Europa iets op te bouwen als dat.

Hoe dan ook blijft bouwen en vergeet niet om alleen maar na te denken over het toevoegen van een zijspan aan uw bouwen, niet veel hier in het forum staat zullen zijn om dit zo te vertalen zal ons geheim als je de zijspan toevoegen aan deze te bouwen.

Blijf op de hoogte met dit geweldige werk wie weet misschien ook u kunt worden van de volgende internationale Builder die overal ter wereld erkend toegeschreven aan je bouwt.

Good Luck & Vrede Crazy Horse.

chrome

Jan 10, 2010
manila, philippines

Actully 'built' just this minute came in from finishing cleaing the spatter from the last of the
welds on the frame, she is finsihed :)

Nice job on the stretch, LOVE the Basman for gods sake don't wreck it by fitting a
HT motor too it!

KiM
Looking forward gentlemen! By the way could you tell me the ground clearance of the basman? In my country, anyone can construct a road hump and without any standard design...meaning it could look like a log in the middle of the street or it could be a row of bricks with all the corners intact (ouch) or for cheapskates, they buy a used truck tire, cut thru the middle, shave the sides a bit and lay it on the roadpec.. I'm thinking of getting a basman too so I'm looking at the pros and cons...thanks!!

Hoeha

Jul 19, 2010
The Netherlands

Looking forward gentlemen! By the way could you tell me the ground clearance of the basman? In my country, anyone can construct a road hump and without any standard design...meaning it could look like a log in the middle of the street or it could be a row of bricks with all the corners intact (ouch) or for cheapskates, they buy a used truck tire, cut thru the middle, shave the sides a bit and lay it on the roadpec.. I'm thinking of getting a basman too so I'm looking at the pros and cons...thanks!!
My basman has little over 2" ground clearance. So i can't go up or down even the lowest of sidewalks.
That's with 24"x3.0" tyres. It used to be a little higher in the front so that made for a little more clearance, but it just didn't look right.

Hoeha

Jul 19, 2010
The Netherlands

Hoeha,

Ik kan u niet zeggen hoe zeer ik geniet van uw Stretch Bouw naarmate hij vordert, laat ik dit zeggen u inspireren van anderen in het forum met je rek te bouwen.

Ik zou willen dat we meer durf had zulke bouwers als uzelf hier in de VS, slechts een gedachte misschien kun je een zijspan rig ook toevoegen aan deze te bouwen, hebben niet gezien dat iemand uit Europa iets op te bouwen als dat.

Hoe dan ook blijft bouwen en vergeet niet om alleen maar na te denken over het toevoegen van een zijspan aan uw bouwen, niet veel hier in het forum staat zullen zijn om dit zo te vertalen zal ons geheim als je de zijspan toevoegen aan deze te bouwen.

Blijf op de hoogte met dit geweldige werk wie weet misschien ook u kunt worden van de volgende internationale Builder die overal ter wereld erkend toegeschreven aan je bouwt.

Good Luck & Vrede Crazy Horse.
Heheheh, ja, ik heb al aan een zijspan gedacht. Over een paar maanden hebben we een baby die ook een zitplaats nodig heeft. Maar ik weet nog niet. Misschien... :)

Hoeha

Jul 19, 2010
The Netherlands

Good to hear ;-) If i was still married to my Dutch wife i would be having her parents get me a BasMan and send it too me! Lovely looking frames they are.

KiM
Very lovely indeed. They also made a new one now that is a little shorter for shorter people. Looks nice as wel
346 Basman Medium Sport 107SMS black

Last edited by a moderator:

chrome

Jan 10, 2010
manila, philippines

My basman has little over 2" ground clearance. So i can't go up or down even the lowest of sidewalks.
That's with 24"x3.0" tyres. It used to be a little higher in the front so that made for a little more clearance, but it just didn't look right.
that's a scraper! I wish I could drop my future basman that low but then again....maybe I'll go for 26" ers...thanks!!!pec.

Hoeha

Jul 19, 2010
The Netherlands

Me like scrapers :)

Talking about scrapers, i've lowered the front now, cause i didn't like the large gap between the headtube and the front tyre. And the middle tube is now sitting level. Just look at how much clearance the pedals have!

O, and i moved the saddle back for my ideal pedalling position. Looks better too.
And look at that cute little kickstand :)

Hoeha

Jul 19, 2010
The Netherlands

Just for a 2 mile ride and only scraped the pedals about 11 times! I say that's just fine. It's not going back up :)

Hoeha

Jul 19, 2010
The Netherlands

That's an awesome stance you got there! Keep it like that Hoeha! You'll get used to timing when not to down-pedal.
That's just the thing, i'm already used to that from riding the Basman. But this thing even hits when you go over a small bump! I love it!!

Next up is a shifter. I really like the suicide shifters, but i do not know how wide my tank will be. So i'll probably just whip something up quikly to get me going on this thing untill my motor get's here, or till i get the tank done.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi

You do realize that with the extra crank you have pretty much a prebuilt jackshaft already. :D

Hoeha

Jul 19, 2010
The Netherlands

Can anyone guess what this stub is for?

I'll show ya

And one of those dingdong bells. Man that thing is loud!

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA

There is a thread somwhere over at Ratrodbikes.com on how to put a stick on those shifters , that would look pretty cool.
Cheers

Hoeha

Jul 19, 2010
The Netherlands

Hmmm, i don't know about these colours. If anything it's ... different

But, i like it when not everyone likes my bike, so i'm keeping it as is :)

Still on the list:
Saddle
handlebars
motormounts
(fenders)

Hoeha

Jul 19, 2010
The Netherlands

There's a growing market for this kind of bikes. Bicycling in general is very big in Holland, and (mostly in the bigger cities) lowriders, cruisers and stretches are getting more and more popular. Or at least it seems that way because i see them more often.
But, you still get a lot os headturning wth one :)