GT2 with Bomber Theme

GoldenMotor.com

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
I didn't like the stock paint job/sticker on my Grubee GT2 bike so I decided to repaint it with a bomber theme. While it's meant to look like a bomber, the markings are not supposed to be authentic. The unit letters and plane designations, for instance, are really the first letters of my three son's names.

The "Betty" is borrowed from www.bawidamann.com and was done as a decal printed on ink jet decal paper (as was the star emblem). The rivet patterns were also applied as decals. The entire bike was then clear coated in automotive clear coat to make it fuel proof and keep it protected.

Next up will be some performance boosts.

Attachments

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
Very cool! I understand that the markings are not from a real plane, However what WWll bomber did you have in mind when thought it out? But the bike is definitly something I could go for.

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
LOL Well, to be honest when looking at markings I was looking more at the P-47 Thunderbolt and P-51 Mustang than any bomber, but the B-29's. B-17s and a few others were occasionally left with a metal surface. "Fighter bike" just doesn't have the same ring to it though.

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
I was thinking of doing the P-51, even had some little tubes I could use to make the exhaust ports. But holding the tube against the frame I decided that it'd only look silly. The tank on these bikes is very narrow, only about an inch or so wide, so from the seat they pipes would look more like fins on a fish than exhaust tubes.

I like how it came out, though I learned a lot in the process, like you need to print a LOT of decals to get some to work. I also learned that not all masking tape is created equal.

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
These frames are made for motorizing so the chain lines up very well between the gears. For this reason I adjusted the rear tire to the MOTOR chain length and used the tensioner to take up the slack in the PEDDLE chain. Since you rarely peddle these bikes it makes much more sense to put the tensioner there.

I plan to convert my other two motorbikes this way too, if I can.